Media Alex Pereira reveals he weighed 227lbs/103kg during Jan Błachowicz fight

Does Poatan have the size to compete at heavyweight?

• Total voters
Do you think a lot of 205ers are 225 come fight time? I think so but don't really know.

How much you think DC weighed when he was LHW? Tito was big. Bader seemed huge. Rumble was a large man.

Last edited:
I know he’s loved on here cause he tko’d Izzy, but he is Weight bully. I want to see the same people who called jones a weight bully to say the same about poatan.

Also, i wish the ufc would have a scale at the prep point to see what sizes people really are when fighting.

The commentary was going on saying how Jan was the bigger guy… I called bullshit Alex looked much bigger than Jan out there. Crazy how Alex is a big 205er coming straight from middleweight.

Do you think a lot of 205ers are 225 come fight time? I think so but don't really know.

How much you think DC weighed when he was LHW? Tito was big. Bader seemed huge. Rumble was a large man.
Yes

To answer the question he absolutely has the frame to compete at heavyweight. He could probably walk around at 240 without a whole ton of changes and compete just fine. If he was serious about moving to heavyweight he would do what Jones did and take a year or two off and bulk up with a solid strength/ hypertrophy program and he could potentially be a massive heavyweight.

I may be under the wrong impression but that doesn't seem so abnormal for a light heavyweight does it?
That's not what people are getting from that quote.

What they're shocked at is that he was fighting at 185lb in April and then this fight (July) he's almost 230lbs and lean........

Is normal... for LHW
Yes but not a LHW that was fighting at 185lb just 4 months prior.

What do you want from the guy. He’s fighting at 205lbs, so I’d expect him to cut weight to get there.

Just wanted to say, claiming a weight bully is such a victim mentality. Very beta.
True that everyone has the ability to cut weight. But i also think its beta when they use “had a bad weight cut” as an excuse when they lose.

That's only a 22lbs gain over the weight limit, which is really not much for a LHW. I hear guys like Islam, Poirier, Usman do 30-40lb cuts

Pereira's build is perfectly good but not exceptional at LHW the way it was at MW, and too small for HW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back