Movies Largely unknown good movies from massive stars

Tom Cruise
Legend
with Tim Curry as Darkness

Maytbe not as good as Alien and Blade Runner but I think that was one of the last example of Ridley Scott really going 100% for the visuals.

I would say his following film Someone To Watch Over Me is probably the real end of "crazy Scott" who would spend ages on set working out lighting/shots.

His films after that have always looked nice but I don't think have been quite as inspired were every shot looks amazing.

When Peggy Sue came out, all the talk was about how talented a young Nic Cage was and how he'd have an Oscar worthy run of a career.

Peggy Sue Got Married and Kiss of Death are my two favorite Nicolas Cage performances. They're also two movies of his that almost nobody has seen nowadays.

51rFqF97i-L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

MV5BZmUzOGU4MWEtZWQ5ZS00MTc0LWFmOWQtMDQ1NDhmOTI2YWJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUxNjc5NjY@._V1_.jpg

MV5BNDM0YzM0MTgtYjliNS00NjZkLWFmNjMtMTBkZTgwNjY5MzhmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUzOTY1NTc@._V1_.jpg

MV5BMTM1M2Y0YzctMGUxMy00NzVkLTk4MjYtNmMxMjZhNzY3MTQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3NzU2MTQ@._V1_.jpg

MV5BNzg1ZjgxNDAtNmVmZC00ODM2LWEyY2EtMzk2ODU2MThhMDgxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg
I used to rent Who's Harry Crumb all the time as a kid. It's so damn funny and still holds up pretty well.

"See for yourself, butch!" <Lmaoo>

Killer Joe - Matt Mac and Emile Hirsch
Brawl In Cell Block 99 - Vince Vaughn and Don Johnson
Empire - John Leguizamo and Peter Sarrsgard
Death Sentence - Kevin Bacon, Garrett Hedlund and John Goodman
The Sunset Limited - Tommy Lee Jones and Samuel L Jackson
King Of New York - Christopher Walken, Wesley Snipes and Laurence Fishburne

idk if I can get away with claiming Jason Patric and Stephen Baldwin as massive stars, but one of my favourite 80's underrated movies is definitely The Beast of War, where a bunch of American actors larp as a Russian tank crew fighting in the Afghan-Soviet war in their T-55

MV5-BZm-My-NGVh-Mj-Mt-Nz-Vl-Mi00-Zm-Zm-LTg1-Nzgt-MGFk-OTY3-OWQz-OGY3-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-Nz-Ay-MTgz-OTE-V1.jpg

This is one of those films I always try to sneak into my recommendations. It was directed by Kevin Reynolds who would go on to direct the classic Robin Hood Prince of Thieves and Waterworld (I always thought Waterworld was surprisingly decent as well considering the hate it got)

This is really good movie. I am surprised whenever it is brought up because it really few under the radar.

Out of the Furnace with Christian Bale and Woody Harrelson. Woody's character was frightening. Woody himself said he was happy when filming was over because the evilness of the character bothered him.

This is an incredible movie that got no traction. Everyone gave a great performance. Woody is just plain mean and evil without any of the fun of being a villain. Maybe, the closest he has played to this is in Rampart, which is an amazing character study that never gets talked about.

My unsung favorites with stars:
Shame - Fassabender is amazing in this.
Rampart - Harrelson is amazing as a corrupt cop
Margin Call - a lot of bit names about how a company handles the financial crisis
The Counselor - a lot of big names . The movie should be taken as a study on how choices lead to consequences
When Trumpets Fade - made for HBO movie on the battle in the Hurtgen Forrest during WW2. Great all -round
House of Games
Boiler Room - very tight movie about pumping and dumping firms.
The Big Kahuna - Space and DeVito in movie about salesmen talking about life. Very underrated.
Bad Lieutenant 2 - cage rocks this movie hard.

Nicholos Cage has a lot of good but weird movies that he is putting out. It is like his financial problems have freed him from the burden of not taking odd roles in movies to protect his stock. Cage is legit killing it in a lot of interesting movies. P

some times I like to watch shitty movies about terrible things.
This one ticks a lot of boxes.

No you!

But I would recommend this one

Mads-Mikkelsen-Druk-2192x1233.jpg
Is this the one where him and his coworkers drink to become more productive or something? I remember seeing a trailer for it

Reactions: lsa
No you!

Is this the one where him and his coworkers drink to become more productive or something? I remember seeing a trailer for it

yes. Its kind of dark.
But its a good movie for sure.

The Sunset Limited - Tommy Lee Jones and Samuel L Jackson

This is one of my all time favorites. I've never mentioned it to anyone who's ever seen it. Probably an all time high for both actors performance wise.

Streams on Max if anyone is interested.

Go in chatgpt and type
Steve Buscemi played the role of a film director in the movie..
Generate the answer and thats the movie
Really good to watch stoned

Go in chatgpt and type
Steve Buscemi played the role of a film director in the movie..
Generate the answer and thats the movie
Really good to watch stoned
Or ya could just...

...ya know...

...name the movie?

Back