Media Jon Jones reflects on Dominick Reyes fight

jon-jones-dc.gif

<JonesLaugh><JonesDXSuckIt>

I don't know about that lol.

Most people thought Shogun won every round against Machida and he got the decision. Jon atleast clearly won a couple rounds.
True, but that did have 3 rounds of feeling mostly like Rua won. So although you could end up with 50-45 Rua easily, you could also see a 48-47 Machida. Whereas this was fully like 90% assuredness, almost unarguably, the most obvious 48-47 someone could score. It's like rolling three dice and coming up with three 1's, vs flipping a coin and having it land on it's edge. One's got a lot more avenues for failure, sure, but the other just shouldn't happen.

I'm too biased with today's scoring to fairly judge Rutten-Randleman, which is usually a big argument for worst title robbery. Edgar vs Penn 1 comes up a lot and Edgar-Bendo 2 is probably the worst title robbery ever, but one of the least cared about because of all the rematch syndrome LW had at the time. Worst in recent memory is Condit-Lawler though.

He won 0 rounds clearly

Rd 1 was close to a 10-8 for Reyes, and there are good arguments for him winning every other round too
True, but that did have 3 rounds of feeling mostly like Rua won. So although you could end up with 50-45 Rua easily, you could also see a 48-47 Machida. Whereas this was fully like 90% assuredness, almost unarguably, the most obvious 48-47 someone could score. It's like rolling three dice and coming up with three 1's, vs flipping a coin and having it land on it's edge.

I'm too biased with today's scoring to fairly judge Rutten-Randleman, which is usually a big argument for worst title robbery. Edgar vs Penn 1 comes up a lot and Edgar-Bendo 2 is probably the worst robbery, but one of the least cared about because of all the rematch syndrome LW had at the time. Worst in recent memory is Condit-Lawler though.
I don't really care to argue about it. I thought it was a close fight. I'm not a Jones fan or anything.. but I don't really think it goes down as a super controversial fight in the grand scheme of things

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230928-224326.png
    Screenshot_20230928-224326.png
    221.7 KB · Views: 30
Even he knows he lost lmao

49-46 Reyes is a better card than 48-47 Jones

The biggest robbery in the history of UFC title fights.

Tell me you started watching MMA an hour ago without telling me you started watching MMA an hour ago, lol.

He won 0 rounds clearly

Rd 1 was close to a 10-8 for Reyes, and there are good arguments for him winning every other round too

Oh boy. Whatever you want to convince yourself of buddy. Reyes, who couldn't land a punch to the head to save his life in round 5 and who whiffed twice as much as he landed in round 4 has "good arguments" for winning every round. Oooookay.

48-47, 48-47, 49-46 and stillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

The "He won 0 rounds clearly" takes away all credibility you have in this argument.

he has no credibility. he's barely joined and already forked over the credit card for a membership on Sherdog. Lord knows what babbling bullshit he got his other account banned for.

He said something similarly to it before, tho he said that voice wasn't as resounding as he made it seem here.

He also talked about interesting matches and mentioned Reyes. Reyes was well on his losing streak. I think he said it because he didn't feel he won that fight.

I don't really care to argue about it. I thought it was a close fight. I'm not a Jones fan or anything.. but I don't really think it goes down as a super controversial fight in the grand scheme of things

Only reason that “no one” really cares about that decision is that JBJ looked like he didn’t really care so had to take 3 years off to get his mind right… then stopped the guy in 1 that Ngannou barely decisioned (I know, knees.)

Meanwhile, Reyes has 3 stoppage losses in that time.

There was a round table of 5 fighters who'd fought Jon before the Gane bout

They all pretty much said the same thing.

That Jones just looked like he was going through the motions and didn't have the same level of motivation for his last few fights at LHW.

He barely got hit with anything clean, his defense looked great, but he just seemed content to skate through the fight and barely threw anything.

Compare that to his second bout against DC where he attacked from the first second with every tool in his disposal.

We've definitely seen different versions of Jon. I think he reached a point of his career where he needs a big name, a new challenge, something to motivate him.

He thrives under pressure and when there's a true test there.

It's s almost like what happened to GSP against Serra. The butterflies weren't there. And you see the result. With Jones, thats when we got his performances against Smith, Reyes, Santos, OSP, arguably even Gus.

I think it's a big reason he moved to HW. Bigger money, new challenge, new status and legacy to attain. I don't think we see the true Jon Jones if those elements aren't there.

Back