Doumbe: "Most muscular guys have weak chins"!

Usyk is another iron jawed fighter.
Same structure. Wide face with high cheekbones and strong jawbone

But head size is in proportion.

Brock by all evidence at a great chin - it was just his mental reaction to being hit that let him down

Look at the list of fighters, both MMA and Boxing, who have the best chins.....a disproportionate amount of fighters with great chins have Mexican descent.

None of the best chins are overly muscular - see Diaz brothers, Nelson, Condit, Gastelum, Pettis, Melendez, Cruz, Hunt, Penn, A. Sllva....

Hunt (and I'd assume Roy as well) actually have a heap of muscle and are strong but just have a layer of fat on top of that muscle

Khabib also has a great chin. Same head structure as Romero. Hunt. Costa. Condit etc

Wide proportionately short face with strong jawline

I don’t know about that. Overeems chin was shit before he juiced, then he started juicing and didn’t get KOd for years, until he tested positive before fighting bigfoot and had to stop juicing then proceeded to get KOd. I think a strong neck and big head help you absorb a punch. Mark Hunt and Roy Nelson had huge heads and lots of fat/muscle and they have GOAT tier chins. Jon Jones, Carlos Condit, and Max Holloway had legendary chins so it’s not always 1 for 1 with head size, genetics play a huge role.

It was the Kickboxing gloves and subpar competition, not the roids.

Hari KO/TKO'd him when in full Ubereem mode, managed to get one through and thats all it takes with Reem for him to start stumbling.

The one and only time he's been Rocked hard and came back was in his latest UFC run. (Edit, VS Walt Harris)

It was the Kickboxing gloves and subpar competition, not the roids.

Hari KO/TKO'd him when in full Ubereem mode, managed to get one through and thats all it takes with Reem for him to start stumbling.

The one and only time he's been Rocked hard and came back was in his latest UFC run.

his chin did visibly improve on TheReem run

even when Hari Tko him. He was standing. In his younger days he’s known to just collapse

Probably what lends to this perception is the fact that muscles don't give you a better chin. If a person has bulked up in the gym, it probably makes most people assume that they'd be hard to knock out when, in truth, they have the chin that they were born with. The contrast between what their perceived chin should be because they're muscular and the chin they had as a pencil neck before starting resistance training makes it seem like they have weak chins in general which probably isn't the case. All that being said, I do think specialized neck and trap training could help the chin to some degree.

2015-12-14-09-56-01__hbhf__ID663.jpg

Steve Judson is the GOAT of weak chins.

What he said was that FREQUENTLY (souvent) the most muscular guys have weak chins. Your translation is wrong.

Don't know why we still call it this ... weak chin crack Jaw.... we all know its about brain and or lack of water or air in your head ;) you crack and break a guys jaw.. and he doesnt always go sleep... but there guys you just give a Glancing blow and they are sleep ... either way i doubt it has to do with your Muscles

Back