• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Media Alexander Volkanovski: "You deserve one in Abu Dhabi. My turn to get booed."

We the audience deserve better . Volko and Charles already lost and after Islam beats him again they will give him Charles again, what next Bobby Green and Drew Dober? The LW division is stacked with fighters who have not received a chance why are we watching reruns instead?

Fair enough (if he's getting paid Anderson Silva money to fight)
tumblr_mb1h5glX1n1r4c1k8o1_250.gif

If I'm completely honest, this fight intrigues me more than Oliveira.

Both volk and Islam are very smart fighters, it's gonna be extremely interesting how they each adjust.
I just wish it wasn't a short notice tho. Volk is still not 100% due to injury and he's moving up in weight again but with no preparations this time. Just a mess all around.

We the audience deserve better . Volko and Charles already lost and after Islam beats him again they will give him Charles again, what next Bobby Green and Drew Dober? The LW division is stacked with fighters who have not received a chance why are we watching reruns instead?
In part because guys like Gaethje in particular won't accept short notice fights in general let alone against a fighter the calibre of Islam.

Last edited:

I doubt anyone else was insane enough to take that fight on two weeks notice.

I just wish it wasn't a short notice tho. Volk is still not 100% due to injury and he's moving up in weight again but with no preparations this time. Just a mess all around.

Yeah, I completely see that. No arguments on that front.

I'm more refering to mental game and strategy.

I'm sure volk within minutes of the end of that fight til now has thought what he' should have done differently.

Do they really booo in Abu Dhabi? Crowd turned against A Silva for his clowning tactics once but other than that I have thought it as takes what it gets kinda crowd.

I doubt anyone else was insane enough to take that fight on two weeks notice.

Nonsense.

Gamrot is PISSED.

I think a lot of guys would have loved that opportunity.

In part because guys like Gaethje in particular won't accept short notice fights in general let alone against a fighter the calibre Islam.
Gaethje won’t but all of the top 10 have at least beaten a ranked LW. Volko is 0-1 and getting a second shot, absolutely #1 bullshit !

when has a fighter, ever gone up in weight, to take on the champion, without a fight camp, and has won? bummed out.

I cant remeber anyone going up in weight on short notice title fight before but Bisping bodied Rockhold to take the title with two week training camp. Volk is a beast athlete and treats the game like a pro would. Im sure he is fine but Islam is so good it might not matter anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farrelstfn
Back