Alexander Volkanovski Doesn’t Want To Test Islam Makhachev’s Gas Tank

it's odd bro. and let's be real. the phillippines and the US acting like it's the definition of justice, come on now. you can demand the proof that will never happen. and i'm just going to keep pointing out the order of events, and how it's odd. *shrugs shoulders

Let's just agree to shrug our shoulders in unison and hope for another great fight this weekend.

200w.gif
200w.gif

<{ohyeah}>

Proof, bud. This is how civilized people get to the truth of the matter.

You don't remember any of this?

Dan Hooker made a tweet about it. Accusing Islam of using an IV. Islam Management answered back via Twitter and said yes, we did use an IV but it's ok because it was only a certain amount of milliliters and they only did it in the 12 hour window

shortly after posting this tweet, they realize that all IVs are actually banned in Australia and they deleted the tweet

The tweet is shown two minutes into the video

Islam has improved his game since

And while Volk has as well, he hasn't had a full camp to really string it all together

Hes trying to wing it, which could work but is unlikely
How do we know he has improved his game since then? He hasn't fought.

Dan Hooker made a tweet about it. Accusing Islam of using an IV. Islam Management answered back via Twitter and said yes, we did use an IV but it's ok because it was only a certain amount of milliliters and they only did it in the 12 hour window

shortly after posting this tweet, they realize that all IVs are actually banned in Australia and they deleted the tweet

Islam's

There's no record of Islam saying YES WE USED AN IV.
You're referring to a tweet by his manager saying IV IS ALLOWED.
You may read that as Ali not denying it but that is not a categorical admission at all.
Ali saying there is an exemption does not equate to. Islam confessing YES I DID.

buddy is just spewing nonsense.
whatever helps you sleep at night.

Really interested in seeing the strength difference this time, i truly think the 12 hr shorter rehydration window was a huge factor in Islam's lack of grappling dominance in their first fight. We shall see.

I agree. I reckon volks going to get a shock if he thinks he's going to be as comfortable grappling with Mak we he was last time.

There is something in being physically fresh in volks case though

How do we know he has improved his game since then? He hasn't fought.

Because like any other stand out fighter I would guess he’s been putting in work since

Even with no fight since I’m sure he’s rewatched the tape and addressed some things. Even khabib said after the fight there were some things he saw that Islam will work on

Volk doesnt have one shot KO power and Islam's chin is solid enough; flash KO notwithstanding.
i dunno if Volk can pull this off.

When both guys were fresh, Islam was braining Volk with big counters.

Few people are as hard to hit cleanly as Volk is, not just in the division but in the sport. He's so mobile, fast, varied in attack etc. The idea of blitzing at Islam is just talk.

When we got to the final round, Volk had his big moment because his cardio advantage really shinned. I'd be willing to bet Volk is in great shape because he's both a consummate professional and absolutely obsessed. Not using his arm is definitely a problem, but I don't think he's gotten out of shape.

Who is crying? I honestly don’t give a fuck.

But your lies are insulting.

Show me where anybody from Khabib’s camp denied it.

You don't deny something that is that level of bullshit sir.
Not a shred of evidence means a lot more in that scenario.

Disagree.

Part of "cardio" = Experience

Learning how to relax in the ring, make your opponent carry the weight, etc. are greater factors than mere conditioning.

For example, you could take a highly-conditioned triathlete, with zero ring experience, and that triathlete will be hugging his opponent like his wife, huffing and puffing — totally exhausted inside of 3 minutes — because of nerves, tightness, lack of experience, and just tension.

In start opposition to this, you can take an old pro, and he's not going to get tired because he knows what he's doing, he's relaxed and comfortable in the ring. Knows all the tricks in the book.

I think Volk has natural cardio; it's not just his conditioning, it's his confidence and experience.

This is 100% true but I can’t recall many fans mentioning it in the many years that I have posted here. One of the first skills you learn at a good gym is to fight loose and to manage your energy. No amount of running, swimming or biking will overcome amateur pacing, fighting on adrenaline.

Because like any other stand out fighter I would guess he’s been putting in work since

Even with no fight since I’m sure he’s rewatched the tape and addressed some things. Even khabib said after the fight there were some things he saw that Islam will work on
I'm sure he'll look better as well. We just can't guarantee it. Plenty of notoriously tough fighters have been broken by wars in the past.

I realized why he didnt do it much the first fight after watching an interview with his coach joe Lopez. Apparently, leg kicks were something they were planning to do, but they did them so much during camp for that first islam fight that he accidentally busted his feet up mid camp.

Source?

Around 10:05 he talks about how Alex's feet were busted up from working on leg kicks in that first islam camp, so they didn't use them much in the first fight, but that in this fight, because alex hasn't been in camp, he has no nagging little injuries.

I'm really curious about Volk's game plan. He said this will be the most dangerous version of him and he's gonna finish Islam quick. Volk is not the type of guy to say things for show, he really means it. Leg kicks are a big part of his game, I'm sure it's gonna help him a lot in the rematch. I was curious why he didn't throw any leg kicks. This explains a lot.

Back