UFC Welterweights ranked by knockout power

Wonderboy and Koschek are too low.

Koschek in the back half of his prime could flatline a lot of people, he just didnt take the power well ala overeem

Wonderboy and Koschek are too low.

Koschek in the back half of his prime could flatline a lot of people, he just didnt take the power well ala overeem

If Wonderboy had power in his hands, he didn't like to display it. With how fast and accurate he is, he should be shutting people's lights out if he had knockout power. But he doesn't.

Dan Hardy got fuckin blasted by Condit but somehow is a tier above?
I think the chart/ranking is about one-punch, raw power. People like WonderBoy and Condit are about accuracy, catching the person with an unexpected shot, and Condit had an iron chin.

Him being able to blast out Hardy doesn't mean he has more power. Better defense, more varied striking skills, better chin, better accuracy all come into play in that head-to-head matchup.

The one we live in where its true.

This comes from a Lawler lover and Kos hater lol. People forget that dudes power in his overhand.
it is because lawler is more famous
they forget how heavy handed kos was
lawler may be a better striker
but kos has legit 1 punch ko power

Reactions: LZD
Entertaining. Don't really agree with all the choices but hell, I didn't go through all the trouble to create them. Good work TS.

I hate being the first to ask, but what do S and SS stand for?

I don't remember specifically the Lauzon thing but I can almost guarantee Lauzon didn't knock his brain into the bleachers the way Guillard did to people.

Lugwig got sat down good (and had already been getting smacked) but his head didn't go flying like Hardy's.
Because it had no wind up and landed on the point of the chin instead of the side of the jaw. Hardy would have had more KO's if he was a better mma fighter, not a harder puncher

I'm very surprised to see Leon Edwards so low. He has one of the quickest KOs in welterweight history and one of the biggest KOs in welterweight history.

I'm very surprised to see Leon Edwards so low. He has one of the quickest KOs in welterweight history and one of the biggest KOs in welterweight history.

His quickest KO is also his only KO in his UFC career, in terms of demonstrating knockout power.

The Usman knockout wasn't with his hands. His TKO against Pete Sobotta had nothing to do with his knockout power (Pete lost to exhaustion more than anything)

I don't necessarily agree with the placements but wow some posters don't know the difference in overall skill, punching power, taking a punch has nothing to do with giving one, etc. Sheesh

***imagines I posted a photo of all the pillowfists who KO'd Manhoef***

Low IQ casual doesn't realise a more powerful striker can have less skill and a worse chin bahahaha what a silly Billy

I don't think it's silly to disagree and think the Lawler has a bit more KO power than Josh Bro.

Lawler's many KO's (22) a lot of them at middleweight vs elite competition might be a reason I see it that way.

vs Koscheck's very few KO's (6) is some pretty persuasive data.

I'm not throwing shade on Josh.. I really liked him back in the day.. All his fights were fun (until the big decline)... He was a great pioneer just like Lawler....

A. Condit's chin was unbreakable

B. That was the first time Condit flatlined someone like that

Condit is my favorite WW of all time, but in no way did he have more power than Hardy
You make good points, but Condit ran from Nick Diaz. That will forever be in the history books.

Back