Lets get something straight

Paolo Delutis

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Exactly how islam beat volk is exactly how these 11-day notice fights should have went down. The fact that KHamzat went three rounds with Usman is a disgrace and proves that the dude isn't what everyone thinks he is . Islam dispatched his opponent under 2 minutes a guy who he previously went five rounds with that shows you how these fights should have went...

Khamzat arguably gave up rounds to his opponent and got his most favorable position in the first round and did nothing with it lol.

If i was his coach i would be disappointed my fighter couldn't best someone who didnt even have a camp and was fighting in a division he never has before..

Say what you want but this fight did more for Usman then it'll ever do for Khamzat hahahaha ..

Still the biggest unknown/unproven fighter in the game and if he actually fights for the MW title thats just pure retardation after tonight's fight... You don't go out and win a majority decision over a WW moving up on 11 days notice and get a title shot ahhahahaha...

I expect Dana and Co to change their opinion on the Strickland Match up this coming week..

Something like...
" Well look khamzat hurt his wrist so hes out were gunna go with Strickland VS DDP and were gunna rebook Costa vs Khamzat, it's what the people want... it's what we're doing..thats whats next"

Ahhaha

Last edited:
Khamzat has struggled badly against the only 2 top fighters he's faced. First got repeatedly planked by former lightweight Burns.

Usman would have won tonight on 12 day's notice, without a camp, if the fight was a 5 rounder like title eliminators are supposed to be. This despite Usman admitting his self belief is shot, so a no confidence, no training camp Usman just took it to Sherdog's golden boy.

Should have been a draw, there's even an argument Usman won 29-28 because there's no way anybody except Alexa Grasso thinks that first round was a 10-8.

Tl;dr- if Khamzat is supposed to be this all powerful, 3 weight world champion GOAT candidate, then tonight should be an embarrassment. DDP should get the next title shot and Khamzat should have to face full camp usman for 25 minutes.

Usman got ragdolled in 1st.

Khamzat had his adrenaline dump and was probably feeling that fractured wrist pretty good in 2nd and 3rd.

It's not like Usman was putting on an equal clinic that Khamzat did in the 1st.

Brother...Usman had no business being there and sure as shit wasnt supposed to be getting the upper hand over time lol ..

A full ...maybe even half camp Usman probably would of gotten the nod tonight...

If Khamzat is who he is supposed to be according to everyone here... This shouldn't have been so...

While Chimaev is clearly the bigger guy, he is also a WW moving up himself, sure his wasnt a short notice move and before that he had a tune up at 180lbs, was he supposed to run over Usman? Sure, but he still won imo, Usman is no GM3.

While Chimaev is clearly the bigger guy, he is also a WW moving up himself, sure his wasnt a short notice move and before that he had a tune up at 180lbs, was he supposed to run over Usman? Sure, but he still won imo, Usman is no GM3.

Theres alot of cope in there brother...you know this..

Khamzat hasnt been a WW in a long time lol ...

And Nope Usman isnt no GM3...like i said this fight did more for Usman's Career then Khamzat

Khamzat had his adrenaline dump and was probably feeling that fractured wrist pretty good in 2nd and 3rd.

It's not like Usman was putting on an equal clinic that Khamzat did in the 1st.
Khamzat is a 1rnd fighter. He'll gas every fight that he doesn't finish the fight in the 1st

Khamzat had little chance of winning a 5 rounder against even untrained Usman.

I know it feels good for Khamzat fans to get this W, but really the fight meant just the opposite. You could clearly see Kham struggling to punch and get TDs in the third and was progressively slowing after the first.

I doubt Kham even survives to the fifth today, and against a trained Usman? He wouldn't do as well in a 3 rounder, and would no doubt lose a 5 rounder.

The way Kham was fatigued wouldn't bode well for him against someone like Colby who you have to fight for 5 rounds either. I am more convinced than ever that Kham will never be a dominant champ.

He needs to humble himself and go train with team khabib. He doesn't look like he's improved much, and his conditioning is off despite training hard.

Get a grip, man.

One fight has nothing to do with the other. That’s the most fucked up example of mmath possible.

Your opinions are getting progressively worse.

Just sayin.

Its a perfect example...

Two guys from a lower weight class of championship level went up in weight on 11 days notice ...

One guy didnt last 2 mins the other pretty much could have won ...the only difference being their opponent...

Islam is clearly who he says he is... Khamzat...not so much IMHO

Theres alot of cope in there brother...you know this..

Khamzat hasnt been a WW in a long time lol ...

And Nope Usman isnt no GM3...like i said this fight did more for Usman's Career then Khamzat
All im saying is Chimaev isnt a career MW, just the bigger guy between them and he barely won, but i do believe that he did, Usman did way better than what people expected him to, its similar to Burns, both did great, probably better than expected, but both if them still lost a close decision to him.

I think he still needs to fight Costa, preferably for 5 rounds.

Last edited:
Actually he didn't; that was anything BUT a ragdolling. He had to work very hard for that TD, and didn't do any kind of damage, he just held him down mostly. Kham also progressively lost the ability to consistently get the fight into grappling as the fight wore on and looked sluggish on the feet later in the fight. Lucky for Kham it was a 3 rounder.

Its a perfect example...

Two guys from a lower weight class of championship level went up in weight on 11 days notice ...

One guy didnt last 2 mins the other pretty much could have won ...the only difference being their opponent...

There is no doubt Islam is more for real than Khamzat. Kham has had 2 shaky wins against top competition; championship rounds look bleak for him if he ever gets to one.

I give Usman a lot of credit for making it hard for Khamzat to finish him in Round 1 -- even on short notice.

Khamzat looked solid with handling Usman in Round 1, but looked lost trying to finish him -- that was disappointing.

Its a perfect example...

So you mean two guys fought eachother in two different fights?

So because two elite fighters came in on short notice, and moving up in weight.

We should expect both of those fights to play out the same way? That is what you’re saying, right?

I expect Dana and Co to change their opinion on the Strickland Match up this coming week..

Something like...
" Well look khamzat hurt his wrist so hes out were gunna go with Strickland VS DDP and were gunna rebook Costa vs Khamzat, it's what the people want... it's what we're doing..thats whats next"

Ahhaha
That would be the best thing Dana and co have done, instead of shoving their protected hype job down everyone's throats. Have him fight Costa, have Ikram get another two wins (since we know Khamzat won't fight for another years) then have them rematch for a title shot. By that time, DDP/Strickland sohuld be out of the way. Izzy is spending a year traveling the world and going to an anime convention in every country he visits during his vacation, so the MW title picture is a little simpler to book.

Back