News Jon Jones INJURED, Aspinall vs Pavlovich - interim title; Jiri/Pereira now the main event

Love it. Jones was gonna steamroll Stipe anyway.

Pav by KO or Aspinall by Sub. Can’t see this one going this distance.

Like I said earlier in this thread:

Had a feeling Jones would postpone the fight now that USADA is out.

Coincidentally, Jones will be returning about 6 months after USADA is gone.

No more need to hide under the Octagon.

Fine, but drop the fuckin title like Jiri did.

No. No goddamnit no. If Jones is the HW champ make him fight the interim champ, not some 41 year old who hasn't won a fight since 2020

Yup - Terrible logic to have an interim and then the HW Champ fights someone else before they settle things.

<KhabibBS>

This pretty much shows Stipe was only rolling off the couch for the Jones payday.

Not only a payday but at Stipe's age, Jones was his most viable path back to a title. He's is at the tail end of his career and this could very well have been his retirement fight. Beating Jones and retiring with the title would have cemented him as UFC HW GOAT.

He's in the same boat at Jones. They either are unmotivated or don't want to risk their legacy by becoming sacrificial lambs for young, hungry fighters.

We need these legacy fights man! If Jones can whoop Stipe, that's just what many doubted all along, Jones CAN demolish the HW division.

I'm getting deja vu from around 2001 when Tito Ortiz injured himself training for his title defense against Vitor Belfort. It was one of the most anticipated/hyped up fights of all time.

Feels like both injuries happened so randomly. Tito was wrestling with Phil Baroni....Tito went for a takedown and his knee blew out (or maybe it was Phil went for a takedown, not sure).

The only fucking fight I've really been hyped for, for fucks sake... now we have to wait until next July or whatever at the earliest.

Aspinall vs Pavlovich makes more sense for the division. And we might see Uber Jones next year.

Today was going to be the start of my tolerance break too

Back