News White to Aspinall: Defend Interim Title or Sit on the Shelf. You Don't Get Jones.

“No,” White answered when asked if Aspinall could fight Jon Jones. “And we’re not stripping Jon Jones either...(It) ain’t happening,” White said. “Stipe, you have to understand this, if you look at what Stipe’s accomplished in this sport, what he’s done, where he’s at in his career, he wants the Jon Jones fight“ [Miocic] wants Jones and Jones wants Stipe, so it makes sense.” If Aspinall wants to fight before that fight happens, why not? Why not let him defend it (the interim title)?”

How little will this fight matter? How much of a casual will you need to be to buy this fight? Are you even interested in this fight a year from now? It only hurts Jones' legacy to duck the Interim Champ to fight Stipe. It doesn't help him at all.
dana is right
stipe is 2-1 in his last 3 fights all championship the highest level
arguably the HW GOAT
vs JON the GOAT

and here you are talking about aspinal lmao
who doesnt want to defend?

its only 1 fight lmaoo

I’m pretty sure if Aspinall knocked lowlife Jones the fuck out. It would be remembered for as long as people that saw it remained alive. And that is why Jones would NEVER accept that fight.
ive heard that sht for more than a decade
after villain jones embarasses all your heroes
you find another new one in hopes that he gets beaten

weirdos never learn
hey im dr strange
gonna do this sht forever
again and again loooooooooooool

dana is right
arguably the HW GOAT
vs JON the GOAT

its only 1 fight lmaoo
Yep, Jon even said Stipe was the toughest fight he could possibly take and I believe him bro. He said Stipe is so tough and dangerous at this point in his retirement that he needs to take care of that business before he can even think about unifying the belt. I know he would never duck anyone even though he did duck Chael Sonnen back in the day and got a whole event cancelled because of it.

Last edited:
Exactly. He's a new generation and the only fighters he can make a name off of won't fight. And it's actually closer to three duckers with Jon, Stipe, and Gane.
Aspinall has finished Arlovski, Spivac, Volkov, Tybura, and Pavlovich so I think he has a solid record as is. Except for Pavlovich I wouldn't say any of those guys are elite HW talent but they are consistent B tier guys who have hovered in or just outside of the HW rankings for years and Tom made quick work of them.

Aspinall has finished Arlovski, Spivac, Volkov, Tybura, and Pavlovich so I think he has a solid record as is. Except for Pavlovich I wouldn't say any of those guys are elite HW talent but they are consistent B tier guys who have hovered in or just outside of the HW rankings for years and Tom made quick work of them.
If he gets his L back against Blaydes, I think that will answer any remaining questions. That and a win over Gane will make him the undisputed champ no matter what Jones does but it's still a lot of ifs

dana is right
arguably the HW GOAT
vs JON the GOAT

its only 1 fight lmaoo

Whatever you did half a decade ago is irrelevant.

Stipe is completely irrelevant and retired. He will come out of retirement, coming off a bad KO loss, to fight Jones.

It is patently absurd from every angle. Jon should defend or vacate against the #1 contender, but the UFC runs this like the circus coming to town.

Back