• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Probably not. If it were, then they'd be very explicit in their answers to those questions. Either way should be...something

By this I mean; are they taking it seriously or is there an implication that they’ll go half speed. Sorry I don’t know da rules
It's a blatant cash grab that should never have been sanctioned. I don't know how seriously either man is taking it from a sporting perspective, but short of a fix*, it's a foregone conclusion who wins.

*To be clear: I'm not fighter bashing or questioning the integrity of this match-up

UFC fans trying their best to discredit this matchup. Yall just mad Francis escaped the UFC slave system for better opportunities and way more money. Besides maybe Conor, every MMA fighter on earth wishes they were in Francis’s current situation.
Dana's knob schlobber brigade is out in force and they're on their knees salivating for his approval

It has to be a sanctioned fight in order to be an official match.

This means both men have proper boxing license, and this fight too has been licensed by a recognizable Athletic Commission.

The athletic commission is also supposed to govern the event - including the weigh-ins, the drug testing, the the Medical clearance... and ref the fight, and judge the fight.

The boxing match is in Saudi Arabia. I doubt the promoters reached out to NSAC to help supervise the event.

This means that this is as legitimate as a WWE fight.

I hate to say this, but the same goes for the UFC in places where they self-sanction: Like Abu Dhabi, Macau, etc

Will still watch though.

I thought it was originally planned as a no knock down event or something. Which was stupid but it sounds like that's changed.

Even though it’s an exhibition, just look at what happened with Apollo creed versus Drago. Fights like this can escalate quickly.

giphy.gif
More like when Rocky fought Thunderlips.

wrestling-hulk-hogan.gif

Don't see why Francis wouldn't take this as serious as possible.
If by some miracle he wins he's in for an even bigger huge ass pay day.

Plus bragging rights.

UFC fans trying their best to discredit this matchup. Yall just mad Francis escaped the UFC slave system for better opportunities and way more money. Besides maybe Conor, every MMA fighter on earth wishes they were in Francis’s current situation.
Yup. You always hear about fighters dreaming to sign with the PFL.

Stop being so emotional about this situation. You look stupid.

I’ll pay and watch the fight. Francis just needs one good shot. Fury’s definitely afraid and respects him more than he lets on. Otherwise the heavyweight belt would’ve been on the line too.
Can‘t you MMA fans refrain yourselves from talking out of your asses? The WBC gets to decide who can fight for their belt, not Tyson Fury.

Francis Ngannou is not even ranked by the WBC so of course the WBC won’t let him leapfrog all their contenders or other belt holders.

Yup. You always hear about fighters dreaming to sign with the PFL.

Stop being so emotional about this situation. You look stupid.

This folks is an example of a UFC fan coping hard. Ngannou completely owned the UFC and has their fans looking dumb. Imagine hating on someone who take a career/financial risk and having it pay off.

i’d heard that it was an exhibition, then i heard that it was an official pro bout. now i hear that the promoter neither confirms nor denies it. the only reason to avoid that question is if it’s an exhibition bout, so that’s probably what it is.

Have there been any knockouts at all in this recent wave of exhibition matches?

I know Mayweather didn't KO Conor, and Mike Tyson didn't KO Roy Jones even though it looked like he could've easily.

I haven't seen all the Logan Paul and Jake Paul exhibitions. Have they knocked out anyone?

I think there is a secret agreement to not KO each other. Which pisses me off because they're basically agreeing to rip off the fans.

Amateur boxer fights professional boxer.

I'd say its an exhibition more than anything.

it's a money grab and everyone involved knows it, save (apparently) for the people buying the tickets. i wonder if this circus shit is now here with us to stay or if it's going to be a passing phase.

They made Fury vs Usyk for Dec 23rd. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Back