• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
The playoffs pretty much are a regular tournament. They just need the point system to know who is next in line when injuries inevitably strike so it's not just someone out of the blue. That's how they can crown champions every year.

That's what being a league is, which is their tagline. The World Series doesn't get postponed 6 months because someone gets injured. It's show up or someone else gets your spot.

And yes their current fighters are incredibly boring. I've never understood why Ray Sefo of all people would bring in mostly boring wrestlers.
Boring wrestlers are the only people who are able to get through 4 bouts every two months without taking much damage

His head seems to be made of the same material as his hands.

Once Jon Jones won the belt at HW, On the UFC and other UFC Facebook pages, I was surprised to see a lot of people calling Ngannou a coward who left the UFC to duck Jon.

It seems they either forgot, or weren't aware of the fact Ngannou left the UFC well before Jon was making any real moves to HW.

What are you talking about? He was offered the Jones fight for $8 million (or a 3-fight deal for $8 million starting with the Jones fight)

He refused that deal because he wasn't allowed to box. Jones fought Gane less than 2 months later.

Sometimes he was inactive. I thought he won. But if he lost it was inactivity, not because of Fury.
But the thing is: Damage. When did it look like Fury ever caused any Freakin' damage? So how could he win?

That's why I'm not a big fan of boxing. They favor points. All you have to do is be active and you win rounds. In MMA, you have to do something with that activity and damage/impact plays role. In boxing, Fury simply landed more strikes, even if they didn't do anything and that's enough to take the round in boxing. It's all about numbers with them even though I didn't see Fury land a single shot outside of the elbow that had much damage.

Hahahahaha. You think Francis is such a good boxer he goes from MMA to boxing, having never boxed a professional boxer in a fight in his life, and at age 37 years old not only beat him, but knocked him down. And threw a superman punch. And tried for a guillotine. And Tyson shot a double leg on him.

...and none of these theatrical things standout to you as potentially planned, plotted, scripted or for the purpose of making dozens of millions more dollars in a rematch? Okay bud, you're right, I'm the out of pocket one.

I hope Frank trains pure wrestling for 6 months and then faces Brock in a wrestling-only rules match. I bet he could at least get a suplex on Brock if not pin him.
That's dumb. Upsets happen in sports. Did Mike Tyson loss to Douglas on purpose to set up a multi million dollar rematch? It is what it is. You can spin it to a conspiracy all you like doesn't make it true.
I never got those conspiratorial takes. Tyson Fury is a boxing champion. You can accuse him of selling out his entire fucking legacy for a rematch which may or may not happen but lmao, guy is a fighter and he ain't scripting a near loss, especially given the circumstances.

That doesn't changed the fact that Francis has never in his life has had a boxing fight.

But boxing, in some form, was what he learned first and his focus was always boxing-centric. I will say this though: it's possible that having to learn the elements of wrestling and grappling etc. for MMA may have prepared Ngannou more than many boxers to face Fury's clinchwork.

Pretty Sure that Just 1/3 of the Power from Wilders Not full Power Punch against Fury while half dead is more than enough to Put any man to sleep. I think you have to BE at least in the 300lba range to survive that.

Its already hard as shit hurting a man with a forehead Punch while having a 15 lbs Advantage. Hurting the 40 lbs man who saw that Punch and used His forehead to Block it and then make him sit is cartoonish Power.

Deonte hits hard as a mf, it would be an interesting matchup tbh

Somewhat but I guess I was more embarrassed by Fury looking worse that ever physically as well as technically.

Looked the same as he did in the Wilder fights imo. Same weight same style, but up against an opponent who could take his shots and actually had some skill.

Never hated on him but thought he was making a huge mistake when he left. It worked out for him though and he did something special tonight. Francis is the man, no doubt.

I like that he was sticking to his guns, and doing what he wanted. And Dana got so mad that he couldn't buy him, and was so damn stingy with the no boxing rule. He could have had a piece of the pie, but nope, had to control his fighters.

That said I too thought it would be tough for Francis to make any interesting MMA fights (which remains to be seen) and that Fury would never fight him. I figured Fury would use the Ngannou fight as a threat to make real boxing deals, and for a while that's how it looked but nope, the fight actually happened.

Best heavyweight of the last decade? That's been debatable now for the last couple years. Usyk is the unified champion and he's rated #1 in all of the rankings. He's also the lineal champ despite media claims that Fury still is. He lost that distinction when he retired. If Fury wants to prove he's the best heavyweight of the era he'll need to beat Usyk. That fight's next. As for Francis' performance, he exceeded all expectations.

I’ve thought he was the best HW, he just hasn’t got the resume to prove it. Joshua has dropped a few but he’s fought better competition than Fury

... Yall think Francis was gonna win and believe he won.. ( or was winning)

Glad i didn't waste 100 bucks.. tyson wasnt even trying.

Tyson was trying alright, he clearly underestimated Ngannou effectively fighting him in the middle of a training camp

Well in a pure boxing sense, outside of the massive knockdown in the first fight, Fury beat the shit out of Wilder in 3 fights and he couldn't do that to Ngannou.

Wilder is also older than Ngannou so it's fair in that sense. Ngannou has a real chance.

Ngannou vs. Wilder is very intriguing. I want to see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kierandavey748
Back