International China removes Israel from its digital maps

White Whale

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
https://www.calcalistech.com/ctechnews/article/hy4q14rma

https://www.wionews.com/world/chine...rom-digital-maps-as-xi-backs-palestine-653309

The move is tinged with irony given China’s well-known neurosis about borders and the standards it expects from the rest of the world.

Internet users in China have noticed that the name Israel no longer appears on leading local digital maps services such as Baidu or Alibaba. The move, no doubt either with the permission of or at the direction of the Chinese government, demonstrates an ambiguity to the region which is loosely in line with Beijing’s value diplomacy in the region and yet sharply contrasts its detail to maps more generally.

According to the Wall Street Journal and social media users, Baidu’s Chinese online maps clearly outline Israel's borders as recognized globally as well as the West Bank and Gaza. It also includes key cities just as Jerusalem and Haifa (where China operates its port) but does not include the name of Israel as a whole.

The same is true with Alibaba’s Amap suggesting the move is deliberate and not a glitch. Neighboring countries Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt are still named as usual.

I guess battle lines are being drawn. I don't think China will get involved but you never know. Hopefully things calm down.

https://www.wionews.com/world/chine...rom-digital-maps-as-xi-backs-palestine-653309

The move is tinged with irony given China’s well-known neurosis about borders and the standards it expects from the rest of the world.

Internet users in China have noticed that the name Israel no longer appears on leading local digital maps services such as Baidu or Alibaba. The move, no doubt either with the permission of or at the direction of the Chinese government, demonstrates an ambiguity to the region which is loosely in line with Beijing’s value diplomacy in the region and yet sharply contrasts its detail to maps more generally.

According to the Wall Street Journal and social media users, Baidu’s Chinese online maps clearly outline Israel's borders as recognized globally as well as the West Bank and Gaza. It also includes key cities just as Jerusalem and Haifa (where China operates its port) but does not include the name of Israel as a whole.

The same is true with Alibaba’s Amap suggesting the move is deliberate and not a glitch. Neighboring countries Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt are still named as usual.

I guess battle lines are being drawn. I don't think China will get involved but you never know. Hopefully things calm down.

Oh wow, I had no idea where China stood on this... Removing Israel from maps is pretty crazy.

Quite a few countries now lining up against their brutal regime.

Well, China doesn't give a shit about the "Palestinians," of course. But if Russia, Iran and China et al wanted to put the west under their feet, it would make sense to drain us of weapons like they have with Ukraine, and then help Hamas organize an attack against Israel that they knew Israel would have to respond to in such fashion that 1.6 billion Muslims across the globe would go totally ballistic. Then even Turkey might say FU to former NATO-friends and start a big mess alongside Iran, after which Putin and China and many more would soon join in, resulting in big drama show WW3.

Behind Hamas is Iran, and I would not in the least be surprised if behind Iran we find Putin. And now that the unimaginably naive west have given half our weapons away to the Ukrainians, this is probably not the worst time to attack us.

Well, China doesn't give a shit about the "Palestinians," of course. But if Russia, Iran and China et al wanted to put the west under their feet, it would make sense to drain us of weapons like they have with Ukraine, and then help Hamas organize an attack against Israel that they knew Israel would have to respond to in such fashion that 1.6 billion Muslims across the globe would go totally ballistic. Then even Turkey might say FU to former NATO-friends and start a big mess alongside Iran, after which Putin and China and many more would soon join in, resulting in big drama show WW3.

Behind Hamas is Iran, and I would not in the least be surprised if behind Iran we find Putin. And now that the unimaginably naive west have given half our weapons away to the Ukrainians, this is probably not the worst time to attack us.

Neither Putin nor China are gutsy enough to attack...and its a good thing. Source : trust me on this, its not like we have any other choice either.

Neither Putin nor China are gutsy enough to attack...and its a good thing. Source : trust me on this, its not like we have any other choice either.
They're the smartest of the bunch here, though. They could probably just sit on the sidelines for a while watching us slug it out with a bunch of Middle Eastern countries and then only move in once we're even further depleted of firepower. Whatever is actually going on right now, we should start building more weapons factories. Ideally, we should go back in time and start doing that in 2010 or something. We might very well be at risk of becoming victims of our own complacency and naivety. We've had it too good for too long. And that really is not good.

Last edited:
They're the smartest of the bunch here, though. They could probably just sit on the sidelines for a while watching us slug it out with a bunch of Middle Eastern countries and then only move in once we're even further depleted of firepower.

I dont really fear russians tbf, maybe cause half my grandparents came from there and i kinda know the mindset of those dudes.
On the contrary, China concerns me more.
Its clear that at one point, they gonna test us directly through the Taïwan situation.

Yeah, and they're all your good buddies, like Russia, Iran, and China...

You sure you're on the right side here?

Another dork pretending they can draw a line through everything and neatly separate into two groups.

Despite already pointing out in another thread that isn't how it works.

Hell of a hangover, you can't remember what you wrote yesterday lol

Another dork pretending they can draw a line through everything and neatly separate into two groups.

Despite already pointing out in another thread that isn't how it works.

Hell of a hangover, you can't remember what you wrote yesterday lol

What in the fuck are you talking about?

"Looks like some countries are getting sick of this brutal regime"...he said, trying to legitimize the opposition to Israel.

Yeah, the greatest, most gentle countries of all. Who knew that all it took was attacking Jews, to get you guys to love China and Russia. LOL.

What in the fuck are you talking about?

"Looks like some countries are getting sick of this brutal regime"...he said, trying to legitimize the opposition to Israel.

Yeah, the greatest, most gentle countries of all. Who knew that all it took was attacking Jews, to get you guys to love China and Russia. LOL.

I know, I know, it's hard to remember what you posted about 'lefties being on the same side as anti-Semitic right wingers' and all that stuff about 'strange bedfellows'.

It's more convenient now to pretend anyone opposed to Israel's brutality must support China and Russia lmao because of course they must agree on everything

As always, you're all over the place my angry little friend <45>

I know, I know, it's hard to remember what you posted about 'lefties being on the same side as anti-Semitic right wingers' and all that stuff about 'strange bedfellows'.

And how exactly does that change this? Yes, you are on the side of antisemitic right wingers. Congratulations? I am not. My position and the people(including lefties) that hold that position are correct. You and the Jew hating brigade are in the wrong.

And how exactly does that change this? Yes, you are on the side of antisemitic right wingers. Congratulations? I am not. My position and the people(including lefties) that hold that position are correct. You and the Jew hating brigade are in the wrong.

Haha you're kinda adorable.

I'll explain what anti semitism is, but it's not asking for ceasefires <45>

Little plant pot!

Read this was actually fake.
Maps were like this in 2022.
Don’t have an English source to link for that though.

China has always had a strange relationship with maps from removing stuff, adding territory, claiming to be the center of the world, etc. Not sure if this is accurate though but will try and find more info

Haha you're kinda adorable.

I'll explain what anti semitism is, but it's not asking for ceasefires <45>

Little plant pot!
It’s rich coming from the side that accuses the left of throwing out the word racist and Nazi at everyone. Now they’re cool with calling everyone they disagree with an anti semite

"Behind Hamas is Iran"

Yes, and Obama and Biden gave Iran billions of dollars. Funding both sides of this war.

Back