Explain Jailton’s approach…

VenomCarnage

R.I.P. FRANKIENYC
@Brown
Reaction score
He went for a few chokes, but the position was off. Every time he went for the head and arm choke, the sheer size of Lewis’s upper arm was an issue to get past. Jailton was forcing it.

Extremely similar situation when he went for the rear chokes. Just couldn’t quite get it under the chin.

All that said, I can understand the thought pattern of ‘don’t rush’ and just play it safe for the first round or so, but how he wasn’t throwing any shots from mount in Round 3, I’ll never know.

The fight actually looked suspect, looked deliberate.

I’ve never seen someone look so exhausted in the last moment of the fight, explode to his feet and start dancing when the bell went. You tired or not bro? Real sus.

He went for a few chokes, but the position was off. Every time he went for the head and arm choke, the sheer size of Lewis’s upper arm was an issue to get past. Jailton was forcing it.

Extremely similar situation when he went for the rear chokes. Just couldn’t quite get it under the chin.

All that said, I can understand the thought pattern of ‘don’t rush’ and just play it safe for the first round or so, but how he wasn’t throwing any shots from mount in Round 3, I’ll never know.

The fight actually looked suspect, looked deliberate.

I’ve never seen someone look so exhausted in the last moment of the fight, explode to his feet and start dancing when the bell went. You tired or not bro? Real sus.

the fight was not suspect, fool

TvK8c9p.jpg

He was afraid of taking risks and becoming another of Lewis' comeback victims. What he was doing was working well, so why change it when he can win unscathed and in dominant fashion?

Sure, it was less fun to watch than just about any fight we've seen, but not everyone likes to be in wars.

Only thing what was sus is black beasts purple belt.
Well, one of the most important things is how to not get subbed… He certainly nailed that part.

I fail to grasp how Lewis survived for the whole 25 minutes. In MMA you can defend chokes and submissions by keeping everything tight and staying calm, not making yourself vulnerable (giving up your back, trying to force yourself out of a position, trying to force getting up).. But then you get punched and elbowed in the face. Black Beast defended well, but he gave up his back and extended his arms etc. multiple times yet Almeida didn’t capitalize.

The lack of ground and pound was weird, too. How often does a ref warn fighters to work THAT HAVE FULL MOUNT? So something was off

<WhitmanDefeat>

hqdefault.jpg

Sherdog chill!

Didn't Lewis have at least 29 lbs on Almeida? Lewis probably being one of the few that needs to cut to make weight at HW. Against a guy that was fighting LHW and could easily do so again?

If Almeida tries to unload on Lewis, he would probably lose the position, since we've seen Lewis many times just get back up as soon as the space is available. Against bigger dudes too. And its a lot to risk for Almeida since Lewis has his way of flatlining dudes out of nowhere.

Let Almeida have this one moment of weakness. It all makes sense and he'll be back to dropping bodies in no time.

Ts , what would you like him to do?
It's easy for us to tell him what to do.
I always think of on of my big ass buds going full on me and then I remember.
The weight, the size fuckin sucks.
Jailton crushed it . What he did, guy we are aunts. He put it on a prime and ready lewis

Well, one of the most important things is how to not get subbed… He certainly nailed that part.

I fail to grasp how Lewis survived for the whole 25 minutes. In MMA you can defend chokes and submissions by keeping everything tight and staying calm, not making yourself vulnerable (giving up your back, trying to force yourself out of a position, trying to force getting up).. But then you get punched and elbowed in the face. Black Beast defended well, but he gave up his back and extended his arms etc. multiple times yet Almeida didn’t capitalize.

The lack of ground and pound was weird, too. How often does a ref warn fighters to work THAT HAVE FULL MOUNT? So something was off

<WhitmanDefeat>
True, but it seems like black beast does not have any positional understanding. There were so many opportunities just to escape, not even really wrestle up needed. Almeida had success with the most basic sweeps, and positional advancing, it was like Lewis had no clue whats happening next.
It was hard to watch.

hqdefault.jpg

Sherdog chill!

Didn't Lewis have at least 29 lbs on Almeida? Lewis probably being one of the few that needs to cut to make weight at HW. Against a guy that was fighting LHW and could easily do so again?

If Almeida tries to unload on Lewis, he would probably lose the position, since we've seen Lewis many times just get back up as soon as the space is available. Against bigger dudes too. And its a lot to risk for Almeida since Lewis has his way of flatlining dudes out of nowhere.

Let Almeida have this one moment of weakness. It all makes sense and he'll be back to dropping bodies in no time.
Losing the position due to inactivity and ref standup is just as bad?

Jailton was scared of Lewis power and ability to steal the fight in later rounds. So he played pussy (which he’s specifically paid to not do as an elite fighter) and won a tepid decision.

why are we talking about this and not talking about the real frustrating problem, Derek Lewis being content to basicallly be the Tank Abbott 2.0. I'm unexpected. Translation: I have no game plan. I can knock anybody out!. Translation: I'm still not working on my trash ground game. The results will always be the same.

I find fascinating his ability to dive into his much bigger opponent legs and work from there to get the takedown and his extraordinary ability to pass guard and get full mount

Back