Explain Jailton’s approach…

He was afraid of taking risks and becoming another of Lewis' comeback victims. What he was doing was working well, so why change it when he can win unscathed and in dominant fashion?

Sure, it was less fun to watch than just about any fight we've seen, but not everyone likes to be in wars.
It’s that risky to throw a full power punch or elbow from mount in Round 3 or 4 against an exhausted, shit grappler?

Come on, he’s better than that.

Sherdog is fucking hilarious. The man puts up 14(!) consecutive finishes and has one fight where he failed to put the guy away and now he's a boring fighter.

This place got jokes.
It’s the exact reason why I’m calling it out as suspect.

How can you finish all those guys, primarily on the ground, and be unable to finish Derrick Lewis over 25 minutes.

Newsflash. Derrick had like 10 days to prepare. He was out of shape himself. Known for gassing, known for having Tank Abbott level grappling, yet Jailton couldn’t finish him?

I don’t believe that. He deliberately didn’t finish him in my mind.

Only thing suspect about the fight was jailton claiming he put up a show.

From a grappling perspective he did. I think that was the first UFC 5 round fight where every round was 10-8 (even if the judges didn't score it so the criteria says that's what it is).

I don’t believe that. He deliberately didn’t finish him in my mind.
May I be so bold as to speak for many of us: Why, pray tell, would he not want to finish him? Even if you don't know the answer, I'm sure you have a theory, eh?

May I be so bold as to speak for many of us: Why, pray tell, would he not want to finish him? Even if you don't know the answer, I'm sure you have a theory, eh?
I think any time a line is that wide, where you can still win the fight, and you know your skillset will allow you to do so, and then you see behaviour like standing up from full mount, whilst throwing NOTHING. I get very suspicious.

Family, friends, himself, could easily have put several hundred/thousand bucks on him winning on points - they’d have made a killing.

It’s not like it hasn’t happened in every other mainstream sport before. For all you know, big time gangsters in his country asked him to win by decision for betting reasons.

Brazil is known for extorting their athletes. They kidnapped, held to ransom and eventually murdered Vitor Belfort’s sister. They kidnapped Robinho’s sister. There are loads of examples.

Perhaps he was so inept that he was ‘scared’ to risk throwing strikes, but I’m not buying it. The man genuinely STOOD UP out of mount at the end of a round. What the literal fuck?

From a grappling perspective he did. I think that was the first UFC 5 round fight where every round was 10-8 (even if the judges didn't score it so the criteria says that's what it is).
To each his own.

The grappling was clinical but, I prefer the khamzat type aggressive grappling at max speed. the Jon fitch or a very poor man’s Ricardo Arona style that jailton showcased in this specific fight was not entertaining for me. He’s usually I higher risk higher reward grappler, this fight was an anomaly.

When I have mine on I have no problem with Pentagon transmissions and galactic lizard signal feedback. Covid also skips me. It sure SEEMS to work.

Bruh you had me weak with that galactic lizard signal shit.

If you look at it as strictly winning/losing, with zero regard for entertaining the fans, everything he did was logical.

Lewis is hard to KO/submit and Almeida was fucked if he gassed and couldn't get Lewis to the ground. So he decided to just hold him down for 25 minutes, not risk gassing, and give Lewis as little time as possible on his feet. Not hard to understand.

People do the same shit on the feet where they know they can outland their opponent with weak strikes and then do just enough to outland, while running away for 3-5 rounds.

Neither resemble a fight to the death.

The bigger issue here is putting Derek Lewis in a main event that is 5 rounds. This should have been a 3 round fight that opened a main card.

To each his own.

The grappling was clinical but, I prefer the khamzat type aggressive grappling at max speed. the Jon fitch or a very poor man’s Ricardo Arona style that jailton showcased in this specific fight was not entertaining for me. He’s usually I higher risk higher reward grappler, this fight was an anomaly.

78% Strike accuracy, 6x the amount of strikes, 67% sig strike accuracy, half a dozen takedowns to 0, 85% control time, spending the entire bout in the most dominant positions.
Every single metric a fight can be measured by dictates domination here.

78% Strike accuracy, 6x the amount of strikes, 67% sig strike accuracy, half a dozen takedowns to 0, 85% control time, spending the entire bout in the most dominant positions.
Every single metric a fight can be measured by dictates domination here.
Yet being unable to finish all those stats can also suggest he has poor submission skills and is pillow fisted. Which is even more of an issue considering BB is known for quitting and getting finished easily at times.

so your stats can indicate a lot of negative things too but overall the takeaway from that fight was: most fans were unimpressed by his performance

Bruh you had me weak with that galactic lizard signal shit.
Those motherfuckers used to be hissing in my ear day and fucking night, man..... accusing me of being a black Rothschild, offering me children to blood sacrifice, telling me to find my inner lizard....

No lie, they had to institutionalize me for a hot minute there, but I put on some Bob Marley and Peter Tosh and fought that shit off. Then I told them I needed to bake and needed tin foil. The rest is hisssstory.....

He finished most of his fights in the first round. If 1st round finishes are boring either that person's got some severe ADHD issues if 5 mins is too long or they're watching the wrong sport.
I guess that's where "exciting" is a little too subjective.

It’s that risky to throw a full power punch or elbow from mount in Round 3 or 4 against an exhausted, shit grappler?

Come on, he’s better than that.
Against a guy like Lewis who has exploded into finishes while beaten down in the past? Yeah. It could be.

This is a pretty reductionist response though, no? I’m just dumb? How am I dumb exactly?

I’m dumb because a guy with seemingly great grappling had an absolute grappling amateur, in full mount and back mount for close to 22 minutes of a 25 minute fight, yet seemed to completely refuse to strike and damage his opponent?

He was like +1100 to win by decision. Enough said. Watch the fight. No way that Spivac can do that to Derrick but Jailton couldn’t.
It’s not about that. This was HIS fight and he did it HOW HE WANTED. Are you dumb? I’m tired of having to explain stuff to you guys.
Lewis isn’t an amateur. If he’s an amateur why didn’t he get finished? Come on don’t he dumb. This is how I know you don’t fight

Fight Night Jailton demonstrated high Fight IQ in a flaccid performance.

He should be promoted to Top Prelim spot on Fight Night Cards moving forward -- to prove to Team Dana that he is worthy of being a PPV Main Card entertainer.

Back