Explain Jailton’s approach…

simple approach, TS
do what it takes to win receiving the least amount of damage and controlling an opponent who can end the fight with one strike, something Almeida cant
Could Almeida have used his elbows more to hurt Lewis? For sure.
He will do that in his next fights, he heard a lot about it already.

Sherdog is fucking hilarious. The man puts up 14(!) consecutive finishes and has one fight where he failed to put the guy away and now he's a boring fighter.

This place got jokes.

He went for a few chokes, but the position was off. Every time he went for the head and arm choke, the sheer size of Lewis’s upper arm was an issue to get past. Jailton was forcing it.

Extremely similar situation when he went for the rear chokes. Just couldn’t quite get it under the chin.

All that said, I can understand the thought pattern of ‘don’t rush’ and just play it safe for the first round or so, but how he wasn’t throwing any shots from mount in Round 3, I’ll never know.

The fight actually looked suspect, looked deliberate.

I’ve never seen someone look so exhausted in the last moment of the fight, explode to his feet and start dancing when the bell went. You tired or not bro? Real sus.

Its because BJJ teaches Position or submission now and a days and it ruined that sport and now made what should of been a great fight for him a sore point ....

There's no excuses to hit mount that many times and not finish your opponent... simple as that...this is the highest level of fighting or it should be . Your BJJ black belt from Brazil fighting in Brazil...and you cant get it done? .

The current flaws in BJJ

1) Position over submission..yes proper position is key but if you can finish your opponent you should not just lay there holding till time runs out

2) heavy emphasis on leg locks and leg entanglements ( not useful in IRL situations or MMA , Unless you get lucky or rare positions)

3) Booty scooting and the lack of takedown training, Jailton excels here ..he gets great takedowns ...but in general ... bJJ is LACKING HARD HERE and has forgotten its Judo roots

Sherdog is fucking hilarious. The man puts up 14(!) consecutive finishes and has one fight where he failed to put the guy away and now he's a boring fighter.

This place got jokes.
It can be both. Almeida wasn't exactly throwing down like a prime Manhoef leading to his finishes. They always seemed to be calm and methodical breakdowns.

His main flaw in that fight was not knowing how to deal with Derrick hand grabbing from under the mount. He needs to learn better techniques and use more elbows imo

When I have mine on I have no problem with Pentagon transmissions and galactic lizard signal feedback. Covid also skips me. It sure SEEMS to work.

It does more than block transmissions and the Covid nanobots: I started wearing foil as soon as I learned about it as a wee child and I have never, not once, had my ass probed by aliens.

why are we talking about this and not talking about the real frustrating problem, Derek Lewis being content to basicallly be the Tank Abbott 2.0.

Tank had good wrestling and relied on it heavily. Derrick is more like Cabbage 2.0, with hot balls instead of a head full of concrete and stuff.

It can be both. Almeida wasn't exactly throwing down like a prime Manhoef leading to his finishes. They always seemed to be calm and methodical breakdowns.

He finished most of his fights in the first round. If 1st round finishes are boring either that person's got some severe ADHD issues if 5 mins is too long or they're watching the wrong sport.

It does more than block transmissions and the Covid nanobots: I started wearing foil as soon as I learned about it as a wee child and I have never, not once, had my ass probed by aliens.
You know I have a rock that keeps tigers away if you’re interested.

You know I have a rock that keeps tigers away if you’re interested.

RgJLzy29Sj1b0HRCyzhLQmeoMNyoTABex1qzq7N4Oc8.png

STAND UP AND THROW BOMBS LETS GO PUSSIES!!!!!!

<{natewhut}><{JustBleed}><209Bitch>:meow:<30>

Now THAT'S a stat! Keep in mind, they have those memory erasing thingamabobs so you don't want to rely on memory for that. And they erase video so home security is not a reliable record either. So, and this might be more a philosophical question than a practical one, but how can we ever truly know if our assholes have or have not been violated by outer-terrestrialists?

I saw one survivor talk about how they fairly tore him a new one (there is alleged evidence of them creating a whole second asshole) but then healed it up with the whachamacallit device so only by spending hours in uncomfortable positions with several mirrors (he had to take months of yoga in prep) was he able to detect some circumstantial evidence of penetration as well as complete and utter destruction.

How can any of us truly know??

Now THAT'S a stat! Keep in mind, they have those memory erasing thingamabobs so you don't want to rely on memory for that. And they erase video so home security is not a reliable record either. So, and this might be more a philosophical question than a practical one, but how can we ever truly know if our assholes have or have not been violated by outer-terrestrialists?

I saw one survivor talk about how they fairly tore him a new one (there is alleged evidence of them creating a whole second asshole) but then healed it up with the whachamacallit device so only by spending hours in uncomfortable positions with several mirrors (he had to take months of yoga in prep) was he able to detect some circumstantial evidence of penetration as well as complete and utter destruction.

How can any of us truly know??

Oh god, is this why my asshole interferes with the wifi and is rough with callouses?

why are we talking about this and not talking about the real frustrating problem, Derek Lewis being content to basicallly be the Tank Abbott 2.0. I'm unexpected. Translation: I have no game plan. I can knock anybody out!. Translation: I'm still not working on my trash ground game. The results will always be the same.
To be fair, he's built a career and some UFC records with this skill set. If it ain't broke.... man drives a Lambo, right? Shit, sounds like he's got it figured out, tbh. He will never be the best but he's making a good life for himself without all that hole-plugging.

He won, that’s what he did. Why are you guys so dumb
This is a pretty reductionist response though, no? I’m just dumb? How am I dumb exactly?

I’m dumb because a guy with seemingly great grappling had an absolute grappling amateur, in full mount and back mount for close to 22 minutes of a 25 minute fight, yet seemed to completely refuse to strike and damage his opponent?

He was like +1100 to win by decision. Enough said. Watch the fight. No way that Spivac can do that to Derrick but Jailton couldn’t.

Last edited:
Back