News Two days out, and Alex Pereira still needs to cut more than 20lbs

Who will be the bigger man in the cage?

• Total voters
Because his weight was exaggerated by fans of Adesanya.
Adesanya and Pereira are only 11lbs apart when they started their camps for their first fight in the UFC.
Adesanya walks around 215lbs and Pereira at 226lbs. He makes weight the same way other fighters do, diet, training and proper science of cutting water weight week of and night before weigh ins.

Dude Pereira is objectively fucking huge what are you on about lol also I've never seen or heard of a single Brazilian fighter using "proper science" to make weight lmao

Dude Pereira is objectively fucking huge what are you on about lol also I've never seen or heard of a single Brazilian fighter using "proper science" to make weight lmao
What am I on about? I just told you Pereira and Adesanya are only ELEVEN POUNDS apart. So in a sense Adesanya is huge to. Pereira has been making weight and not missed for over a decade at this point, if you don’t think that Pereira has got this shit down from experience with his body in a sense a science then I don’t know what to tell you. No wonder you’re surprise he made weight.

What am I on about? I just told you Pereira and Adesanya are only ELEVEN POUNDS apart. So in a sense Adesanya is huge to. Pereira has been making weight and not missed for over a decade at this point, if you don’t think that Pereira has got this shit down from experience with his body in a sense a science then I don’t know what to tell you. No wonder you’re surprise he made weight.

Okay? Who said Izzy wasn't a big dude? Poatan is still a fucking behemoth.

Also nah, not calling it a science. I knew wrestlers all throughout college who used to make weight with laxatives lol more than one way to make weight and there's been far too many brazillians causing late cancelations due to passing out and hitting their head on a bathtub or almost dying making weight for me to call anything they're doing a science lol

Okay? Who said Izzy wasn't a big dude? Also nah, not calling it a science. I knew wrestlers all throughout college who used to make weight with laxatives lol more than one way to make weight and there's been far too many brazillians causing late cancelations due to passing out and hitting their head on a bathtub or almost dying making weight for me to call anything they're doing a science lol
Fair enough.

Doesn’t surprise me. I think Thiago santos was doing cuts from 235ish this far out
Seriously? That'd make him heavier than Griffin, Bonnar, Tito.
I always wondered why even LWs cut more than LHWs.

As others have pointed out, that's not a crazy amount for guys that size to cut. Also, he's fully clothed, this is probably at the end of the day (when you're heaviest), and he might be water loading right now.

Okay? Who said Izzy wasn't a big dude? Poatan is still a fucking behemoth.

Also nah, not calling it a science. I knew wrestlers all throughout college who used to make weight with laxatives lol more than one way to make weight and there's been far too many brazillians causing late cancelations due to passing out and hitting their head on a bathtub or almost dying making weight for me to call anything they're doing a science lol
I don't know when you wrestled (I wrestled in the 80's and 90's), but it's not how it use to be for the most part. They've learned a lot and came a long ways. So yes, they do have it down to a science now, even the Brazilians.

I can't remember who it was, but they used to start their cut to 155 at around 215. Was it Tibau? Might have been Tibau or someone similar.
Iirc Tibau was 188 at his heaviest... This is from memory. And I mean fight weight. Doesn't matter how heavy they are when starting dieting. Maters how much they can cut and replenish.

Adesanya and Pereira are only 11lbs apart when they started their camps for their first fight in the UFC.
Adesanya walks around 215lbs and Pereira at 226lbs. He makes weight the same way other fighters do, diet, training and proper science of cutting water weight week of and night before weigh ins.

Are you dense? 11 lbs is an entire weight class. A professional fighter wouldn't normally be giving up 11 lbs in their own weight class besides at heavyweight lol.

Last edited:

I really wish Sherdog's search feature wasn't permanently broken, because I'm pretty sure I tore this claim apart some time ago, and I'd prefer to not have to do someone's research for them again.

EDIT: Ha, it was you last time, too. Thanks, Google.

I really wish Sherdog's search feature wasn't permanently broken, because I'm pretty sure I tore this claim apart some time ago, and I'd prefer to not have to do someone's research for them again.

EDIT: Ha, it was you last time, too. Thanks, Google.
No you did not, you brought Adesanyas weight from 2years, going in 3years now. I brought up his just 1 year.

No he wouldn't, Adesanya walks around at 215lbs now. Pereira(226) & Adesanya (215) were only 11lbs apart when they both started there training camp for their first bout. Israel Adesanya said he was 206-207lbs at the "swing of camp." call in himself a LHW. at min 46:30

Source -
https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/mma...anya-weighing-215lbs-ahead-alex-pereira-fight

It's kinda misguided people on here spew out that Israel walks around at 197lbs because that's what he weigh in against Jan over 2years ago. When 8months ago he himself said he walks at 215lbs.

From Israel Adesanya own fucking mouth, but yea sure you tore “my claim.”

Are you dense? 11 lbs is an entire weight class. A professional fighter shouldn't be giving up 11 lbs in their own weight class besides at heavyweight lol.
If both fighters can both make the contracted weight, then they can fight at that weight. Are you new here or something?
170-185….15lbs
185-205….20lbs

that’s a long way from eleven pounds.

Last edited:

So Pereira "walks around " at 2 pounds lighter than the weight he just posted...?

<YeahOKJen>

So Pereira "walks around " at 2 pounds lighter than the weight he just posted...?

<YeahOKJen>
2lbs? Is 2lbs suppose to some massive advantage? Maybe he just water loaded? You do know peoples weight fluctuates right? 2lbs is nothing. And my posts was referring to Israel and Pereira first bout.

Back