Jiri will make it look easy

Good job TS on giving an in depth analysis on why. Let me help you out.
Why jiri will win…..
Unorthodox, can catch poatan off guard with a strike he doesn’t see. Also has pretty decent ground game vs poatan who has showed so far as his weakness of his skill set.
Why Alex will win….
Very good technique and as a technical striker will catch Jiri as jiri leaves himself open with his unorthodox striking. Alex also has power to put jiri out quickly. Jiri has never fought a striker as good as Alex.

I'm probably one of the biggest Jiri fans in here but as the fight gets closer to happening, I think it'll be pretty even fight.

Alex's style (powerful, disciplined, smart striker) has the chance to be a matchup nightmare for Jiri.

It's Jiri reach, unorthodox style with zombie cardio/steel chin vs Alex's super powerful and disciplined striking. Obviously rooting for Jiri, but really I just want to see a great fight that lasts all 5 rounds.

Agreed. I am still very skeptical of Pereira as a top guy in MMA and feel that his run to the title was *cough* suspect to say the least. I mean Izzy was completely out of viable contenders (no one on earth wanted Whittaker vs Izzy 3), he had a dramatic history with Pereira, it made all of the sense in the world for him to get fast tracked. Then he actually won and suddenly the UFC has a new star on their hands... but one who is 36 years old so they have to milk him for as many high profile fights as they can.

As is always the case in MMA, styles make fights and I think ANY competent grappler (who isn't collecting a hefty locker room bonus) will absolutely make him look like Kimbo Slice on the ground. Unless Jiri pulls a Cyborg/Werdum and just recklessly runs into a punch, I think he'll stop Pereira on the ground within a round

I'm probably one of the biggest Jiri fans in here but as the fight gets closer to happening, I think it'll be pretty even fight. Obviously rooting for Jiri, but really I just want to see a great fight that lasts all 5 rounds.

Depends on only one factor... Jiri's choice of combat hair style.

One of the true few I'd put in as "no idea".

I lean towards Jiri. Mostly because of deep waters. He can definitely outwork Poatan with Bisping style pressure and output.
Jiri's risk taking isn't Tony Ferguson crazy but enough to eat a hook to the jaw or behind the ear.

Jiri should have no fear but to clinch, trip and stand up again until Poatan is exhausted.

I think Alex is going to try to chop Jiri's legs and bait him with a high kick eventually. But Jiri constantly switches stances so that poses problems too. Love this matchup. Really like both fighters too.

Somebody is going to sleep. Pretty much 50/50 for me. But I’m picking Alex to win.

Even Jiri has no illusions of this fight being "easy"

Either man could dominate the other and both seem prepared for war.

I'll call Jiri by shifting left hand. That is a really nice and uncommon punch he has that he lands often against orthodox fighters.

Jiri wins if he uses grappling and has worked on his defence

Back