Television Sons of Anarchy revisited

White trash soap opera.

Had some charm in the pilot season, immediately showed how shallow it was in ensuing seasons. It was crap.

Season 1 was decent. From there it became the most repetitive, redundant and comically bad show I can think of.

Reliable nonsense but enjoyable. I liked it but like most shows that drag on much longer than necessary it jumped the shark and just carried on going for like 27 more seasons.

The funny thing about this is I knew all these weekend motorcycle dads who got way too into the show and joined a biker “club.”
And well, they got in way over their heads. I’m going to leave it at that. I have no doubt they were doing some highly illegal shit. We’re talking about guys in their 40s and 50s who had solid careers just fucking up their lives because they wanted to play gangster in a place where there are real fucking gangsters, none of them riding motorcycles.

I liked the show up until the point where Opie, a full grown man and father decides to voluntarily abandon his kids and go to jail to play touch butt with the club

That's a NO for me dawg
Not to mention, at the start of season 2, it's implied that he's been gone for months on a cross country ride grieving his wife. You know who else was doing that? The 2 small children he left at home!

It jumped the shark in Ireland. But otherwise a good show. Entertaining anyways, even though it's portrayal of 1% life as terrible especially in the end.

Started off strong. Went out with a whimper. I find it odd that recently they started feeding my algorithm with Sons videos on YT.

I know this show is a little old, and I'm sure I missed the dialogue and passionate opinions of it, but looking back, how did you guys like this show?

where does it rank amongst the top shows of all time?

would you rank it with the Holy Trinity? (Wire, BB, Sopranos)
I liked it at its peak. But it has a cheesy main character and it gets old fast with some trailer trash dudes beating every one all the time. It‘s not a top 3 in its genre, not even top 5 imo.

It was lame and too long for my liking - there were some cool elements and characters for sure tho.

Kinda fell off when the BIG DAWG got his tho - you know who.

Never understood why a surgeon and a international arms dealer lived like they both worked at the local home depot.

First few seasons were Greatness. After Opie dies it turns to shit then unwatchable. Actually after the finale where they trick the feds I think season 3 is when is began to suck. Opie and Peralmans character made the show when Opiw was gone and Pearlmans character diminished ......... booooooo

I enjoyed it at the time but it did get ridiculously over the top, was still pretty entertaining though

Not in the same league as The Shield, The Sopranos or The Wire though, I’ve watched the 3 of them at least twice each probably 3 times by now and never felt an urge to rewatch SOA

Stupid show. One of the very few shows I didnt bother finishing and I am practically on the spectrum when it comes to finishing TV series. FFS I finished the train wreck of a show in How to get away with murder.

always funny when Jax could not keep his accent and talked with his British accent

Not in the same league as The Shield, The Sopranos or The Wire though, I’ve watched the 3 of them at least twice each probably 3 times by now and never felt an urge to rewatch SOA

The real Holy Trinity.

Breaking Bad is good, but not Shield good.

By the end of Sons of Anarchy they may as well have been building bikes to fly to the moon to fight space gangsters. The first 3 seasons were grounded and good. After that it kept trying to one up each other. If it had 3 more seasons they would have been fighting the US Military.

I enjoyed it at the time but it did get ridiculously over the top, was still pretty entertaining though

Oz, The Sopranos and the Wire*

Back