• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

MMA Junkie top 30 Fighters list

CashMoney1991

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think this list honestly sucks, but yet it is hard to do from different eras, weight classes and genders. Here's who I think were too low and too high;

Too Low- I would switch Aldo with Khabib, Khabib doesn't belong in the top 5 with 3 defenses
Izzy at 16 is criminal, he should be higher given his 5 title defenses and 2 champ reigns, his win against Alex is even more impressive now that he is 205 champ
Max at 19 is also criminal, 3 defenses, finished Aldo twice, beat Frankie and would of had a longer reign as champ if Volk was never born
Hughes at 21 is too low, 7 defenses overall, has wins over GSP and Penn
Val at 22 is way too low, she should be top 10 overall when combining WMMA and MMA

Too High- Conor at 15 is retarded, 0 title defenses shouldn't even put you in the top 20
I love me some Randy, but 11 is WAY too high for him, I was shocked that he was ranked that high given that no one talks about him anymore, but ya, great career, but couldn't defend belts very much at all
BJ at 12 is a bit too high imo, 3 defenses and some of the best LWs at that time were in the WEC
Royce at 14 is too high, to be fair it is hard to rank Royce, his influence is untouchable, he showed that BJJ was the best art for 1 v 1 combat especially being tiny, but fighters in the 90s don't know how to fight compared to 2000's to now
Cejudo at 17 is too high, I feel like he didn't accomplish as much as others and didn't defend belts that much
Ronda at 20 is too high, her influence for WMMA is next level and she defended her belt 5 times at least, but I felt like the sport passed her since her standup was such hot garbage and she was a one trick pony, trip TD then armbar on repeat lol

here is the mentally challenged list, I will be doing my own top 30 to correct it, stay tuned

The list shows why everybody wants to be a champ champ these days. Every single one (except Poatan who won his 2nd belt after the list was compiled) made the list.

I agree with a lot of names but I strongly disagree about their rankings. Bad list.

The best of the best fighters of all time include women.
That’s ridiculous it’s like putting Rebecca lobo in the same conversation as magic Johnson. Absurd.

Somehow you missed Amanda Nunes at fucking #8!

Losses to Zingano, Peña, D'Alelio and Alexis Davis all at bantamweight. And we're supposed to believe that only 7 fighters have been greater? Right.
She has the most defenses of any female MMA fighter ever, slaughtered some of the best

Shit list. Conor is obvious pick for n.1 spot.

I agree with a lot of names but I strongly disagree about their rankings. Bad list.
ya and there's some I wouldn't put in the top 30, imo Frank Shamrock and Francis don't belong in there

She has the most defenses of any female MMA fighter ever, slaughtered some of the best
Yes, absolutely impressive stuff. Five title defenses in the bantamweight division, but you probably get my point.
One of them was against Schevschenko in a split decision, and Bullet herself has defended her weightclass' title 7 times. Her losses and bad outings count in the over-all picture, though.

So I don't see why Nunes should be judged by a different standard, while you feel that it's right to do so?

First off these list are just for fun , secondly they got 12 people who’s opinion I honestly don’t give a fuck about and are probably less educated and informed than a large percentage of posters on here to “ vote” , but they need to specify what they are voting on , the fighters career as a whole , the fighters best years and just forget about the sad ending ( eg. Bj , Iceman ) or is it who do you think the best fighter was on their absolute best day .

First off these list are just for fun , secondly they got 12 people who’s opinion I honestly don’t give a fuck about and are probably less educated and informed than a large percentage of posters on here to “ vote” , but they need to specify what they are voting on , the fighters career as a whole , the fighters best years and just forget about the sad ending ( eg. Bj , Iceman ) or is it who do you think the best fighter was on their absolute best day .
I base it off of their primes, when they were the hottest, how good were they, etc.

Yes, absolutely impressive stuff. Five title defenses in the bantamweight division, but you probably get my point.
One of them was against Schevschenko in a split decision, and Bullet herself has defended her weightclass' title 7 times. Her losses and bad outings count in the over-all picture, though.

So I don't see why Nunes should be judged by a different standard, while you feel that it's right to do so?
Val is very high up there for me, she's in my top ten, of course men's mma is miles beyond women's mma, but for the sole purpose of this list, I try to combine them as much as I can and base it off of accomplishments, etc.

I think this list honestly sucks, but yet it is hard to do from different eras, weight classes and genders. Here's who I think were too low and too high;

Too Low- I would switch Aldo with Khabib, Khabib doesn't belong in the top 5 with 3 defenses
Izzy at 16 is criminal, he should be higher given his 5 title defenses and 2 champ reigns, his win against Alex is even more impressive now that he is 205 champ
Max at 19 is also criminal, 3 defenses, finished Aldo twice, beat Frankie and would of had a longer reign as champ if Volk was never born
Hughes at 21 is too low, 7 defenses overall, has wins over GSP and Penn
Val at 22 is way too low, she should be top 10 overall when combining WMMA and MMA

Too High- Conor at 15 is retarded, 0 title defenses shouldn't even put you in the top 20
I love me some Randy, but 11 is WAY too high for him, I was shocked that he was ranked that high given that no one talks about him anymore, but ya, great career, but couldn't defend belts very much at all
BJ at 12 is a bit too high imo, 3 defenses and some of the best LWs at that time were in the WEC
Royce at 14 is too high, to be fair it is hard to rank Royce, his influence is untouchable, he showed that BJJ was the best art for 1 v 1 combat especially being tiny, but fighters in the 90s don't know how to fight compared to 2000's to now
Cejudo at 17 is too high, I feel like he didn't accomplish as much as others and didn't defend belts that much
Ronda at 20 is too high, her influence for WMMA is next level and she defended her belt 5 times at least, but I felt like the sport passed her since her standup was such hot garbage and she was a one trick pony, trip TD then armbar on repeat lol

here is the mentally challenged list, I will be doing my own top 30 to correct it, stay tuned

Everyone that you said is too low, should be ranked higher than Khabib. Also Everyone you said is too high, should be ranked over khabib. Conor being the only exception. Khabib should not be in the top 10, Someone right on the edge of top 15 sounds right.

The list shows why everybody wants to be a champ champ these days. Every single one (except Poatan who won his 2nd belt after the list was compiled) made the list.
yea, it is impressive because it shows those fighters can be good in different weight classes, some cases are more impressive than others, like BJ's win against Hughes the first time they fought was very impressive, I believe he was the first UFC to have a title in 2 different weight classes, if it wasn't him first, it was Randy then him and also he nearly beat GSP the first time they fought at 170

Everyone that you said is too low, should be ranked higher than Khabib. Also Everyone you said is too high, should be ranked over khabib. Conor being the only exception. Khabib should not be in the top 10, Someone right on the edge of top 15 sounds right.
wow, you must have Khabib real low then, I could see a few names going above him, 3 defenses isn't that much, but his wins were so impressive, each win looked like he was just out for a jog and 155 has always been a solid division

wow, you must have Khabib real low then, I could see a few names going above him, 3 defenses isn't that much, but his wins were so impressive, each win looked like he was just out for a jog and 155 has always been a solid division
He has 3 top 5 wins and he won a title off of al iaquinta. He shouldn’t be over Hughes. Or Aldo, or Izzy, or volk, ect ect

List looks good to me. Because it's a subjective pursuit to list fighters I might quibble with some placements, inclusions or exclusions but I believe all thier choices are reasonable and defendable.

My biggest gripe is either Frank too low or Khabib too high. Frank was considered the best in the world for a couple of years and was one of the first well rounded fighters. Khabib, by retiring early doesn't have the tenure or resume to be that high.

Personally, I don't see retiring early undefeated as a huge plus, more a negative for a list like this (great decision for Kabibs life and future healthy though). By retiring early we don't get to see how the next wave coming through adapted to Khabib and if he could adapt in return. For me, all time greats fight through a few generations of fighters.

I need these drugs people are on when they put Khabib's very average list of wins in the top 5 all time.

Back