MMA Junkie top 30 Fighters list

They started the list off with Poirier at #30 and you somehow thought this would be a credible list?

I need these drugs people are on when they put Khabib's very average list of wins in the top 5 all time.

To be fair. Khabib does have some great wins, just not many of them.

Gaethje, Porier, RDA and McGregor are all great wins.

They started the list off with Poirier at #30 and you somehow thought this would be a credible list?

He's at 30 and Porier has a very long career, brutal strenght of schedule with some great wins. I think it's OK he's there. Porier has beaten a bunch of UFC champs, some multiple times.

Tenure and strength of opponent matters.

Last edited:
First off these list are just for fun , secondly they got 12 people who’s opinion I honestly don’t give a fuck about and are probably less educated and informed than a large percentage of posters on here to “ vote” , but they need to specify what they are voting on , the fighters career as a whole , the fighters best years and just forget about the sad ending ( eg. Bj , Iceman ) or is it who do you think the best fighter was on their absolute best day .

They don't even have any idea what they even based it on considering when they talked about Cruz ranking they included his WEC career for an award based on UFC careers.

Matt Hughes too low. I'm glad Cormier is at his right spot

They don't even have any idea what they even based it on considering when they talked about Cruz ranking they included his WEC career for an award based on UFC careers.

The WEC was owned by Zuffa at the time. The UFC had no 150 or below divsion at the time. 145 and below were the UFC in all but name. Everyone understood this at the time. Like, everybody. Which is why when the divsions were merged, the WEC Champs were given the UFC belts.

It's totally fair to include that part of Cruz's career. I'm pretty sure those journalists do know what they are talking about in regards to Cruz.

He's at 30 and Porier has a very long career with some great wins. I think it's OK he's there.

Tenure matters.

1920px-UFC-Champs.PNG

There's been like 70 champions alone since Poirier joined the UFC in 2011, let alone all the ones before 2011. There's been 10 of those 70 just in the divisions he's fought in, and he failed to win the belt multiple times.

Exactly who of all these people are you swapping out for Poirier, again just within the top 30 not all champions ever which is like 100+?

Besides, if you're going to open up the list to contenders how exactly does Poirier deserve it over a guy like Benavidez? Benavidez has even more wins and was the #2 fighter in his divisions for like a decade. He deserves it way more than Poirier.

The WEC was owned by Zuffa at the time. The UFC had no 150 or below divsion at the time. 145 and below were the UFC in all but name. Everyone understood this at the time. Like, everybody. Which is why when the divsions were merged, the WEC Champs were given the UFC belts.

It's totally fair to include that part of Cruz's career. I'm pretty sure those journalists do know what they are talking about in regards to Cruz.

You're as retarded as them. WEC is not UFC, no more than Strikeforce or Pride was despite being owned by the UFC too. You don't see them using those accolades for others do you? Where's Shogun or Nog if we're including non-UFC careers for a UFC award? Oh wait, they're not there because here they actually judged them just by UFC career.

They just made up whatever they felt like. Why you're defending MMA journalists is beyond me. We all know they're idiots.

1920px-UFC-Champs.PNG

There's been like 70 champions alone since Poirier joined the UFC in 2011, let alone all the ones before 2011. There's been 10 of those 70 just in the divisions he's fought in, and he failed to win the belt multiple times.

Exactly who of all these people are you swapping out for Poirier, again just within the top 30 not all champions ever which is like 100+?

Besides, if you're going to open up the list to contenders how exactly does Poirier deserve it over a guy like Benavidez? Benavidez has even more wins and was the #2 fighter in his divisions for like a decade. He deserves it way more than Poirier.

Tenure and strength of schedule. Porier has beaten multiple UFC champs and has a murderers list of opponents.

But, as I said, he's at 30. He's fungible imo for a fistful of other fighters who might have just made the list. I can't think of any egregious omissions I'd insist belong over him.

To be fair. Khabib does have some great wins, just not many of them.

Gaethje, Porier, RDA and McGregor are all great wins.
29 wins and you listed 4 guys, 1 of which has 1 win since 2016 over a shot fighter.

His resume is probably about as good as Alex Pereira's.

You're as retarded as them. WEC is not UFC, no more than Strikeforce or Pride is despite being owned by the UFC too. You don't see them using those accolades for others do you? Where's Shogun or Nog if we're including non-UFC careers for a UFC award?

They just made up whatever they felt like.

You are too immature for me to bother taking the time to respond to thoughtfully. Off to my ignore list you go. I love pruning morons, thanks for making your stupidity obvious so I no longer have to waste my time scanning any thing you post in future.

Try civility and rationality if you want people to take you as anything but a petulant little snowflake who's efeeling get bruised by the smallest amount of pushback.

Bye forever.

Last edited:
29 wins and you listed 4 guys, 1 of which has 1 win since 2016 over a shot fighter.

His resume is probably about as good as Alex Pereira's.

Alex is shooting up the list fast!

Tenure and strength of schedule. Porier has beaten multiple UFC champs and has a murderers list of opponents.

But, as I said, he's at 30. He's fungible imo for a fistful of other fighters who might have just made the list. I can't think of any egregious omissions I'd insist belong over him.

Here's a top 30 off the top off my head of just the divisional GOATs, let alone tons of other champs:

BW: Cruz, TJ, Barao, Sterling
FLW: DJ
WBW: Ronda, Nunes
WFLW: Val
WSW: Joanna
FW: Aldo, Volk, Holloway
LW: Khabib, Bendo, BJ, Charles
WW: GSP, Hughes, Usman, Woodley
MW: Silva, Weidman, Izzy
LWH: Jones, Chuck, Machida, Cormier
HW: Couture, Stipe, Ngannou

Who you kicking out for Poirier just among actual divisional GOATs?

The list was stupid from the beginning. Poirier is not a top 30 fighter all time, that's laughable. He's certainly not over just even Benavidez who's in a much better position as a long time contender.

I'd argue their win list quality wise is very close, which is kind of sad seeing how Alex has less than half the MMA fights.

I dont disagree. I thought khabib was too high as well. Not sure where I'd put him. I just also thought he has a few great wins. Not just the opponents he bea but also how he beat them.

Alex is an anomaly, so its really hard to compare anyone to him. His mma career is a complete aberration.

Alex is near the top of my scariest fighter of all time list though. Him, Cane, Lawler etc.

Back