• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

L Edwards now clarifies why Ian Garry isn't welcome anymore

I can see this just not being a fit.

Leon is significantly more likely to mop the mats than to promote himself. For most of his career that worked against him, but as a champ it's part of his persona that people like. He wasn't anointed as a future champ from the outset he mostly kept his head down and worked and worked until his title shot was undeniable and outperformed everyone's expectactions.

Garry has been told he's the sport's most special boy since he started and while he's a remarkable fighter and probably a future contender he manages his career as much like a social medial influencer as he does like a fighter.

Old fucking news dude this article is several months old why can't you fucks read before you post

Connor got away with being a prick because he trained at his yes man gyms.

It doesn't fly when you're touring established places.
yeah somewhere in Ian Garry's little "copy Conor at every turn" he forgot that staying loyal to one gym is pretty important.

The blantant copying of Conor is what’s really cringey about Ian. He’s not even a good copy, he a bad rip off of McGregor. Straight culture vulture…then you add he took his wife’s last name..c’mon

Makes perfect sense, of course cuckhold Garry is the kind of guy to have his mrs at every practise, I fucking hate those people.
Uggh we had this dude who was trying to be an influencer in the early days of FB/IG who would bring his girl in and make her film all his training sesssions (he edited them like Conor to make “highlight reels” lol)
coach had to pull him aside and talk to him, he didn’t come back.

Some guys just do the whole wandering samurai thing and make it work. But this seems like Garry is just a fame hungry douche.

Gerrys team when he was in cage warriors also left him for similar alleged reasons. Certainly seems to be a trend

Sounds like Superstar/Primadonna-behavior!

I thought you meant an actual bird at first, that'd be cool. Like a pirate the practices MMA.

LOL!

Imagine having a parrot on his shoulder during sparring-sessions, absorbing some blows for him..

True Captain Morgan behavior! (wooden leg as well)

Good on Edwards, that's a rational take. Meanwhile Garry is such an attention-seeking whore, and cringe-inducingly insecure. I wouldn't want a douche like that pretending that he's above his gymmates either. Insecurity is worn loudest, and Garry is deafening.

Back