How mentally broken was Izzy vs strickland?

MetaIIica

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Right before the fight happens there's a video leaked with Adesanya essentially molesting his dog, and then Strickland proceeded to call izzy out at the press conference right before the fight, I am assuming this had to have broken Izzy mentally leading to a lack-luster performance. If I put myself in Izzys shoes I don't know how I could handle that.

Pretty sure that dog bit happened a while ago. This is what Sean does. He digs up dirt on fighters past. Maybe it did screw with Izzy because Sean clowned on him a bit

I think what "broke Izzy" though is beating Alex. That seemed to be his ultimate goal to accomplish which he did. Then he had all of these Close title matches within a few years. I think he may have been a little burnt out

Honestly one of the more savage displays of pre-fight mental warfare we've ever seen.

Izzy showed up to the press conference with sun glasses and a hat, trying to cover himself up as much as possible. He never dresses that way. Sean brought back all of that bullying PTSD from his teenage years.

I think what broke Izzy in that fight is getting smoked by that right hand. He thought he was just gonna style on Strickland. Up until that punch landed he probably legit thought he was just playing with his food for awhile. Then he damn near got KTFO.

I think what broke Izzy in that fight is getting smoked by that right hand. He thought he was just gonna style on Strickland. Up until that punch landed he probably legit thought he was just playing with his food for awhile. Then he damn near got KTFO.

Yep. His demeanor changed instantly and he never recovered.

so? dui breaks you? what's your point
Seems to me he might have been mentally broken way before the fight, regardless of Strickland. His performance reminded me of Liddell vs. Jardine, where Chuck was out all week partying in Vegas leading up to it lol.

Right before the fight happens there's a video leaked with Adesanya essentially molesting his dog, and then Strickland proceeded to call izzy out at the press conference right before the fight, I am assuming this had to have broken Izzy mentally leading to a lack-luster performance. If I put myself in Izzys shoes I don't know how I could handle that.
I think you are confused. I think the dog is the one who might be mentally broken. Izzy has a morality problem. He almost raped Costa after beating him as well. That beating and mock-rape broke Costa and he hasn't been the same since. Izzy has been a little off for a while now.

Sweet username and killer AV
{<redford}

Yes he destroyed him mentally because he was a nazi

Seems to me he might have been mentally broken way before the fight, regardless of Strickland. His performance reminded me of Liddell vs. Jardine, where Chuck was out all week partying in Vegas leading up to it lol.
I think he was just overconfident. He didn't think Strickland could hang with him standing up, and therefore allowed himself to drink and go out a few times, and go into a fight relaxed. Strickland just ended being better than everyone realized.

Yep. He got likely concussed in the first round and fought like crap after that.

Strickland is even weirder than Izzy and is a loser so I don't think Izzy was bothered by Seans trolling. He was likely laughing behind the cameras. He wanted the extra press and the attention that a clown like Strickland brings so he liked it.

Back