Grocery store items that taste like their restaurant versions

Via Heeto

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Anyone ever tried Wendy's chili from the grocery store? well i did and was amazed. it tastes EXACTLY like it does from the restaurant. I have never experienced that. There are tons of restaurants that have their food in the store, but none of them ever taste anything close to what you get in the restaurant. anyone know of other items that do justice to their restaurant counterparts?

Anyone ever tried Wendy's chili from the grocery store? well i did and was amazed. it tastes EXACTLY like it does from the restaurant. I have never experienced that. There are tons of restaurants that have their food in the store, but none of them ever taste anything close to what you get in the restaurant. anyone know of other items that do justice to their restaurant counterparts?
The salt from grocery store tastes exactly like the salt from the salt shaker at the restaurants

If you cook them correctly, the white castle sliders are pretty close to what you get at the restaurant.

Which is dog shit, but yeah, it's close.
really? as a Michigander who moved out west many years ago, i was so excited when i saw them at the store. Then i tasted them and they weren't very close. I followed the instructions, but i guess there is a better way

Do you guys remember Marie Callender's? Their frozen bags of pasta/meat taste EXACTLY like they do in the restaurant. Probably b/c it's the exact same thing they use in the restaurant as far as frozen pasta/meat/sauce and just toss it in a pan for each order.

The Panda Express sauces taste exactly the same…

Odd. I just ate the Wendy's Chili last night out of the can and I was impressed.

Too many onions as usual.

Usually that stuff is all frozen food, and I don’t buy much frozen food at all.

I do want to try one of the grocery store Marie Calendar key lime ours though. I’d love to see how that tastes.

Red Lobster cheddar biscuits. They're solid because you add your own cheddar so you can make them hownyou want.

This. Red Lobster biscuits are one of the few quick and easy restaurant things I'd like to make at home, and the grocery store version tastes just as good. Really wish there was a Popeye's cajun rice kit at the grocery store because I would be all over that.

Last edited:
While I wouldn't say the Rao's frozen dinners are on par with going to the restaurant, they are pretty damn good. The meat lasagna is great when I work late and don't want to actually cook something. It's 4 mins in the microwave, let it sit a minute and eat.

Arby's curly fries are pretty close. Haven't really tried any other restaurant branded stuff from the grocery store.

Was gonna buy this at Walmart, but the tiny holes in the plastic bag changed my mind. I had flashbacks of dumbasses opening and licking ice cream and putting it back.

I'm working on a big bag of tater tots from Sam's Club and via 2.5 minutes in the microwave, tastes just like something from Jack in the Box.

I find shop bought hummus tastes just as good as the restaurant versions.

Of course Wendy's chili tastes exactly like it does from the grocery store as it does from the drive thru. I mean they're probably only opening a can of chili at the restaurant. The only difference is the can at the restaurant is a lot bigger than the one you buy at the grocery store. Do you really think that Wendy's at the store is making their chili from scratch?

Of course Wendy's chili tastes exactly like it does from the grocery store as it does from the drive thru. I mean they're probably only opening a can of chili at the restaurant. The only difference is the can at the restaurant is a lot bigger than the one you buy at the grocery store. Do you really think that Wendy's at the store is making their chili from scratch?

The beans are canned. The spices and vegetables come from a bag. The meat is leftover patties from the night before. They boil the patties for two hours. They are rinsed and thrown back into the pot with the beans, veggies, spices, and water. This is cooked and tossed in the warmer.

The canned version is thicker, chunkier, and spicier (if you could even consider it spicy). The restaurant version is much more watery, like Lutheran chili.

The beans are canned. The spices and vegetables come from a bag. The meat is leftover patties from the night before. They boil the patties for two hours. They are rinsed and thrown back into the pot with the beans, veggies, spices, and water. This is cooked and tossed in the warmer.

The canned version is thicker, chunkier, and spicier (if you could even consider it spicy). The restaurant version is much more watery, like Lutheran chili.

You had me at day old boiled meat patties

Homer drool gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pavy
Back