What am i not getting with Joe Rogan and crew' as comedians?

MAlexander22

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Joe Rogan and the crew of his which consists of Tom Segura, Bert Kreisher, Schaub, Callen etc. They are comedians, yet they just aren't particularly funny from the standup i have seen of theirs. Does anyone else here find them less funny than they first imagined?

I think Tom Segura is very funny. His new stuff not so much but his first few specials on Netflix are great.

I actually prefer their podcasts tbh. When i learned Joe did comedy, i thought I'd take a look at his standup. I just found him unfunny for the most part. If Joe had to rely on comedy for a living, i think he would struggle massively.

I don't find any of his comedian friends funny except for Tim Dillon.

Andrew Schulz also unfunny. He tries too hard to sound cool in that Ashton Kutcher sort of way.

I've never seen Schulz' comedy. Again, his podcast is decent. The one he does with Charlamagne Tha God is pretty good, but his stand up i have never seen. I hear people say similar to you about his standup too.

I actually prefer their podcasts tbh. When i learned Joe did comedy, i thought I'd take a look at his standup. I just found him unfunny for the most part. If Joe had to rely on comedy for a living, i think he would struggle massively.

He's hit and miss for me. He did a special on Spike when UFC was still with them that I thought was good. Went to see him live but it wasn't that great this was years after though. I did see Tom Segura on that same show and thought he was funny as hell.

I think Tom Segura is very funny. His new stuff not so much but his first few specials on Netflix are great.
Is that the asshole that always takes his shirt off? Fat guy=funny

Clever.

I saw rogan live and he is actually pretty funny, but chappelle went on afterwards and mopped up the floor with him obviously. From the other guys you listed the only funny one is Segura, but again he is not on the same level as Stanhope, chappelle, bill burr etc…

lots of comedians these days get famous from podcasts where they actually are pretty amusing, but standup comedy is a whole different animal.

Last edited:
I dunno who is in the circle or whatever, but of the names you mentioned, Tom Segura has some funny standup. Kriesher, I've never found that funny, and Callen also has a couple of decent jokes I've seen but isn't very funny, overall. Schuab has put out, without any exageration, the worst comedy I've ever seen. It's totally garbage.

Theo Von is funny, his standup is fairly decent but he really shines as a podcaster/guest - from what relatively little I've seen in clips.

Joey Diaz was kind of funny for a while, but a little of him goes a long way.

Rogan himself, not funny but his podcast is good, sometimes, I think. I've maybe listened to 4 or 5 full episodes and hundreds of 5 minute clips.

Chris Delia is pretty funny. No someone I'd line up to see, and less funny than Segura, but he's got some decent stuff.

Normand is pretty funny, but his shtick is a bit 2 dimensional, I'm not sure I'd want to watch an entre special of his.

Shane Gillis is the funniest, for sure - or, he seemed like he was. His most recent netflix special wasn't very good as compared to his earlier stuff - and the WAY it wasn't funny was concerning. He's got this sort of frat boy beers with the fellas kind of vibe, which he sort of played with comedically, in the earlier stuff. In his most recent special though, he leans right into it and the jokes just aren't that funny. There isn't the tension between his frat boy appearance and the empathy and cleverness of the jokes themselves, it was just the straight beer drinking douchebag bro essence.

Joe doesn't have the best comedians on, he has comedians that are his friends.

Tom Segura is probably the funniest of the bunch but even he's light years behind guys like Louis CK, Dave Chappelle, and Bill Burr.
Louis CK, Dave Chappelle, and Bill Burr have all been on the podcast, multiple times.

Louis CK, Dave Chappelle, and Bill Burr have all been on the podcast, multiple times.
And they're the best comedians of the 2000-2010 era. I haven't heard anything of Louis in years but I've listened to Dave and burr and they're husks. At least burr is still funny though. Who are the new killer comedians? Doesn't seem to be any. I did like Normands special though, and I find Stavros funny.

Back