• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's film about Mark Kerr is still getting made

Dunno why they'd have to make some biopic when Mark already has the perfect movie to his life here in Smashing Machine.
Money, of course, and hey if Mark is getting paid I'm happy, but it's laughable that the Rock, who could have been in Mark's high school yearbook, is going to play a prime Mark from 30 years ago. Dwayne Johnson will be this generations Steven Seagal eventually, mark my words.

He's already Seagal sir.

Great to hear. It's been years since he announced this at a UFC. I thought by now it had been scrapped, but I'd guess that since it's teh Rock's own production company working with another smaller production company, that they just had to find a good time to do it.

Can't wait. I watched Kerr's carreer from witnessing live, his first UFC tournament win and followed him through the rest of his career. Smashing Machine waz a sad but awakening documentary and I'd expect a stellar showing by the Rock putting that into movie form.

I'm cool with this being made, love the doc they made back in the day.

Whoever wrote that article needs to check his sources, though, bc Kerr never won a belt in PRIDE.

Dunno why they'd have to make some biopic when Mark already has the perfect movie to his life here in Smashing Machine.
Money, of course, and hey if Mark is getting paid I'm happy, but it's laughable that the Rock, who could have been in Mark's high school yearbook, is going to play a prime Mark from 30 years ago. Dwayne Johnson will be this generations Steven Seagal eventually, mark my words.
The Rock so desperately wants to look like a though guy, everybody knows he is just an actor and a wrestler.

The Smashing Machine documentary was more than enough, nothing else needs to be made.

Yeah this is weird. We already have a good documentary, this will (I'm guessing) be overproduced and over dramatic the way Hollywood loves to make everything now.

There are a lot of great MMA stories and careers they could make a movie about that have not been done yet.

Does anybody know where you can watch the original documentary? I can only find it in another language or with such shitty quality it's unwatchable

The Rock so desperately wants to look like a though guy, everybody knows he is just an actor and a wrestler.
At least CM Punk had the balls to actually step in the cage. With him claiming he wanted to "step into PRIDE in 1997", he's already in Hulk Hogan territories of coping bullshit. Very sad.

Will he do his own stunts, like infecting himself with illegal substances? Asking for a friend.

I know who Mark Kerr is, but I don't know what about him is going to make for a compelling film?

Can one of the OG's enlighten me, as I feel kinda stupid?

Back