We dodged a CC bullet, boys

Vampire life

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Some thoughts
Can you imagine how insufferable Colby would have been as Champion? If you think he’s cringe now, I can’t imagine what he would be like with the belt
Then they would have made the rematch
Ugh
So Leon did all of us a favor
Strickland and Colby as champs, that’s a PR nightmare
I think Colby lost his edge when he did that dad thing with Edwards, he apologized at the face off, and that’s unusual - but he didn’t look good at all to me in the fight, had no killer in him. so maybe his age in that weight class is a factor too
But knowing it was his last shot, I thought he would fight differently, with more urgency, he seemed to be trying to survive instead of win

Calling out a older version of wonder boy,post fight , who’s a pure striker is weird too
He is in a weird place with his career now
Js

Colby is annoying to those that don't like him. For those that are neutral or fans, at least we could enjoy the trolling he did on you guys.

Leon is boring for anyone involved, save British fans. He wins convincingly in the sense that his opponents never do much against him, but he also doesn't do much. How many good shots did Leon land in the first 2 rounds of Colby? 2-3? He out sig struck him like 13-10 and 18-13. But almost none of those "significant" strikes were damaging or exciting. The entire 5 rounds I think he landed 3-5 nice shots that were damaging, and they weren't combos -- one at a time.

It's effective. It's also boring as FUCK. every fight so far except the Usman 1 fight has been Silva/Maia or Silva/Leites

Colby (decision, won 4 rounds)
Usman (decision)
Usman (KO, lost first 4 rounds)
2021 Nate Diaz (decision, nearly got KO'ed in 5th round, won the other 4)
Belal (NC)
2019 RDA (decision)
Gunnar Nelson (decision)
2018 Donald Cerrone (decision)
Peter Sobotta (TKO) (who???)
Bryan Barberena (decision)
2017 Luque (decision)
Tumenov (decision)
2016 Waters (decision)

this fight did not live up at all, and it takes two to tango. colby had such a slow start, and leon was comfortable doing nothing. the difference in significant strikes is like 10 punches. it was a boring fight, i dont think colby did anywhere as near as bad as the vaxxed here like to pretend, and the most exciting thing, was the press conference which got everyone talking and watched. colby did his job, i don't think he's completely out, USADA is gone and i think we're gonna see a lot of second winds. still way too early to tell. colbys losses are against the champs. if he loses to wonderboy, then it is over. the dust needs to settle.

Leon Scott has 16 UFC fights 12 have gone to decision. Colby has the exact same amount of UFC fights and only 9 have gone to decision you nerd.
Cholby is boring as shit and his gimmick isn't even entertaining. Leonidas is at least an excellent striker and the only excitement in their fight was Leon putting damage on Cholby and then grappling with him just cuz he was bored and wanted to show he could do it

Cholby is boring as shit and his gimmick isn't even entertaining. Leonidas is at least an excellent striker and the only excitement in their fight was Leon putting damage on Cholby and then grappling with him just cuz he was bored and wanted to show he could do it
Nah fuck all that the numbers don't lie.

Leon putting damage on Cholby and then grappling with him just cuz he was bored and wanted to show he could do itYep. He basically handed Colby some points in what was otherwise a hapless fight for him. Crazy, but I think Leon basically knew Colby couldn't hurt him, which he indeed couldn't as we saw.
Yep. He basically handed Colby some points in what was otherwise a hapless fight for him. Crazy, but I think Leon basically knew Colby couldn't hurt him on the ground, which he indeed couldn't as we saw.

Back