We dodged a CC bullet, boys

Are you a furry or something? Colby was not hurt by any of those shots. 13 punches isn't some ground breaking striking master class. It was point fighting pitter patter, where Colby had more ground control time with same amount of takedowns and he finished stronger. the press conference was the most exciting part, literally everyone was talking about it. this isn't some catastrophic career loss for Colby. 13 punches more, big whoop. Leon also looked terrible.

They hurt enough to shut Colby's game down.

Also, what's a furry?

He would have gone on a promotional tour for Donald Trump.

That was the plan all along. That’s why he sat out and waited for the card before the Iowa Caucus and leading into Primary Season.

He would have pulled the “preexisting injury card”, sat on the belt for at least a year, before returning to fight a bum (likely Masvidal) for an easy defense, so that he could continue to pump Trump for the general election.

Dana has been in on the plan the whole time, so has Rogan. They were doing what they could to get Trump reelected.

Are you a furry or something? Colby was not hurt by any of those shots. 13 punches isn't some ground breaking striking master class. It was point fighting pitter patter, where Colby had more ground control time with same amount of takedowns and he finished stronger. the press conference was the most exciting part, literally everyone was talking about it. this isn't some catastrophic career loss for Colby. 13 punches more, big whoop. Leon also looked terrible.
Yes
Not literally everyone was talking about it
Leon looked fine

They hurt enough to shut Colby's game down.

Also, what's a furry?
A furry is someone who I imagine talks like that poster does. They didn't completely nullify Colby though, when Colby had more ground control time, ended the fight stronger, with the same amount of takedowns. 13 strikes was just that. Leon also didn't look amazing and he ended the fight losing that last round. It wasn't a shut down. Colby wasn't beat up. It was a boring fight and Leon won in an unimpressive fashion. Colby can easily come back from this, with a five round wrestle fest over Wonder Guy. He's not out of the picture and the Leon fight wasn't some super impressive master class. He only landed 13 more strikes, and got controlled on the ground, lost the last round. Let's be real about this folks.

Yes
Not literally everyone was talking about it
Leon looked fine
I knew it. Dude, everyone in the MMA game, mainstream outlets was talking about the press conference. Stop lying. Leon looked fine, but that was it, he didn't beat the brakes off of Colby, didn't dominate, didn't land anything that made Colby wobbly, he only landed 13 more strikes. He lost the ground battle, he ended the fight weaker. Colby with no USADA, favorable match ups, a win over Wonder Guy and he's right back in it. lol.

More entertaining than forgettable Leon Edwards tho, i might have bad memory, but i forgot for a minute that he beat Usman twice, i have no memory of their 3rd fight, just the rematch with the head kick.

It was probably the best outcome, Colby rarely fights and I think he would like to remain champ as long as possible by sitting out for as long as he can before defending the belt. That being said, Edwards is terribly boring and few of his fights are worth my time, but at least he's somewhat active.

colby hasn’t beaten someone coming off a win since Bryan barbarena, if he had beaten leon it would be a terrible look for Leon. This is what any top contender is meant to do.

if colby had won by fighting like he used to people might be excited for a colby title reign, if he had won by fighting like he did last night but with a few extra punches and a few less strikes absorbed, I would agree wholeheartedly. What’s the point of colby if he isn’t trying to be exciting? His schtick? Nah

A furry is someone who I imagine talks like that poster does. They didn't completely nullify Colby though, when Colby had more ground control time, ended the fight stronger, with the same amount of takedowns. 13 strikes was just that. Leon also didn't look amazing and he ended the fight losing that last round. It wasn't a shut down. Colby wasn't beat up. It was a boring fight and Leon won in an unimpressive fashion. Colby can easily come back from this, with a five round wrestle fest over Wonder Guy. He's not out of the picture and the Leon fight wasn't some super impressive master class. He only landed 13 more strikes, and got controlled on the ground, lost the last round. Let's be real about this folks.

If I was an invested Colby fan, maybe I'd see things this way too.

If I was an invested Colby fan, maybe I'd see things this way too.
You know I have points though and you're deflecting with that. Everything I said was true. Leon only landed 13 more significant strikes, ended the fight weaker, and Colby can easily come back with a win over Wonder Guy, and then we're right back to square 1. It's not an argument of being invested in Colby, it's the truth, and thinking about it for two seconds, instead of pretending like Leon did this amazing performance. Not really. He lost the ground control and only landed barely more than Colby did. If you were invested as a MMA fan, and could set your orange induced rage aside for two seconds, you'd see that i'm 100% right. that fight sucked, and it took two to tango and Leon didn't do that great.

I knew it. Dude, everyone in the MMA game, mainstream outlets was talking about the press conference. Stop lying. Leon looked fine, but that was it, he didn't beat the brakes off of Colby, didn't dominate, didn't land anything that made Colby wobbly, he only landed 13 more strikes. He lost the ground battle, he ended the fight weaker. Colby with no USADA, favorable match ups, a win over Wonder Guy and he's right back in it. lol.
That's their job
Cholby was bleeding and will be walking with a limp from 13 strikes, wow
He almost submitted Cholby 2 or 3x and intentionally stayed on the ground
Cholby is 36 and washed, it's over

That's their job
Cholby was bleeding and will be walking with a limp from 13 strikes, wow
He almost submitted Cholby 2 or 3x and intentionally stayed on the ground
Cholby is 36 and washed, it's over
Who is Cholby? Can you explain that? Leon put on a terrible performance, Colby was not beat up at all, 13 significant strikes more and he lost the ground control by 4 minutes, same amount of takedowns. It was hardly a beating, hardly a masterclass, it was a boring fight. Colby in no way was almost submitted, in no way got wobbled on the feet, and his scratch wasn't dripping with blood. it was already caked. Colby with no USADA, favorable matchups, a wrestle fest over Wonder Guy, which we know could happen, and he's right back in it. Breathe dude, and think.

You know I have points though and you're deflecting with that. Everything I said was true. Leon only landed 13 more significant strikes, ended the fight weaker, and Colby can easily come back with a win over Wonder Guy, and then we're right back to square 1. It's not an argument of being invested in Colby, it's the truth, and thinking about it for two seconds, instead of pretending like Leon did this amazing performance. Not really. He lost the ground control and only landed barely more than Colby did. If you were invested as a MMA fan, and could set your orange induced rage aside for two seconds, you'd see that i'm 100% right. that fight sucked, and it took two to tango and Leon didn't do that great.
About me, no, actually that is not true.
You are letting your imagination concoct wild assumptions.

About me, no, actually that is not true.
You are letting your imagination concoct wild assumptions.
Once again, ignore everything I said about the fight, Colby, etc. Colby is still in it and Leon did not look great either. The fight was determined by 13 more significant strikes where Colby had way more ground control time. It was a boring fight in general and Colby with the right matchups, no USADA, can easily get back into a title shot scenario.

Who is Cholby? Can you explain that? Leon put on a terrible performance, Colby was not beat up at all, 13 significant strikes more and he lost the ground control by 4 minutes, same amount of takedowns. It was hardly a beating, hardly a masterclass, it was a boring fight. Colby in no way was almost submitted, in no way got wobbled on the feet, and his scratch wasn't dripping with blood. it was already caked. Colby with no USADA, favorable matchups, a wrestle fest over Wonder Guy, which we know could happen, and he's right back in it. Breathe dude, and think.
Cholby is a C tier fighter who got beat up with 13 strikes who will never be in title contention again

Once again, ignore everything I said about the fight, Colby, etc. Colby is still in it and Leon did not look great either. The fight was determined by 13 more significant strikes where Colby had way more ground control time. It was a boring fight in general and Colby with the right matchups, no USADA, can easily get back into a title shot scenario.
Everyone ignores you

look into it

Nah fuck all that the numbers don't lie.
Both are boring, numbers don't favor Colby either. Didnt he hold multiple records for strikes thrown and landed with a low finishing percentage? Even his finish over Woodley was due to injury, not a ko or sub.

Back