What "poor peoples food" do you guys enjoy

GUEST_f7ccc35c-404e-4724-9c9f-46ee4b2d28c4
Like nonna used to make.
Edit: Its a can of chef boyardee im guessing the pic didn't work

I’ve loved Pillsbury Pizza Pops for 30+ years. It’s bizzare to me that Pillsbury seemingly only sells these in Canada, they’re the best - essentially frozen, microwaveable mini calzones.

c62f646e-2c40-4b41-99b7-9dc95ba8bd94.92cb045c747cf1bf5ae3b3965b68fd2f.jpeg

Edit: Jesus fucking Christ another failed attempt to post a pic. Fuck this place!
The pic shows up when I hit reply. Weird kind of "upgrade".

and when there was no meat, we ate fowl and when there was no fowl, we ate crawdad and when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand

Reactions: lsa
Just made pizza on burger buns,
My GF come from a wealthy family and told me she never had thoses!

Now I will hesitate before making her SPAM with Ramen...

Any others examples of good cheap meal you guys enjoy?
Pic of GF please?

I can dig into some beef taco hamburger.

Pizza pops. Right now I want to go to a restaurant and get breakfast but my girl is asleep in my bed. 🥲

Steak and kidney pudding, very occasionally.

Bagel with butter

wegmans thin crust frozen pizza (3$)

ramen with eggs

rice, bean, cheese, and chicken burritos

Also if you want a more elegant poverty food make Cacio e pepe. It’s only 4 ingredients.

Bucatini
butter (optional)
pepper
pecorino romano (this can be a little more pricey so you can substitute it with a cheaper Parmesan block)

The good old frozen cordon bleu.

Reliable, somewhat nutritive, totally unnatural

I refound those at the local grocery store.
They were my favourite miceowavey food ever as a kid (make sure you always cook them in the oven)

Ironically they're kinda expensive.

Ramen noodles are awesome. I still eat them all the time.

And fuck all these companies trying to make gourmet ramen and charge a fortune.

Top ramen or maruchan is almost as good and insanely cheap. Throw enough toppings in there and you never know the difference.
Maruchan is great. My wife used to swear she would only eat Soporro. Then I just bought the Maruchan and told her “it tastes exsythr fucking same.”

Usually, I just throw a tiny bit of soy sauce in there and a lot of sriracha. That’s all I need.

She’ll dice up green onions, boil an egg, etc.

Me, reading this thread, coming up with nothing: Am I... sophisticated? I am, aren't I?

I eat cheap food, but I don't actually eat trashy stuff... If I picture someone at rock bottom, they're probably going to town on a can of Chef Boyardee's ravioli. Not even out of the can, just like that.

Ever since the grocery prices since 2021 a lot of people have expanded their poor food options....... And they just keep getting worse. I really do feel bad for people that are trying to feed their kids healthy food.

Back