What "poor peoples food" do you guys enjoy

I refound those at the local grocery store.
They were my favourite miceowavey food ever as a kid (make sure you always cook them in the oven)

Ironically they're kinda expensive.

In France the low quality frozen ones are pretty cheap, but god's know what's in there ...

I make them in the oven and if I happen to have some duck fat leftover put a bit on top at the end for a bit of tasty crunch boost

(+ sriracha)

I’ve loved Pillsbury Pizza Pops for 30+ years. It’s bizzare to me that Pillsbury seemingly only sells these in Canada, they’re the best - essentially frozen, microwaveable mini calzones.

c62f646e-2c40-4b41-99b7-9dc95ba8bd94.92cb045c747cf1bf5ae3b3965b68fd2f.jpeg

Edit: Jesus fucking Christ another failed attempt to post a pic. Fuck this place!

At $5 a box, it's not a bad deal. I used to eat them a lot as a student (not because of poorness, I just liked the taste and convenience). It was a steal when it was $2.49 a box about 5 years ago.

The good old frozen cordon bleu.

Reliable, somewhat nutritive, totally unnatural
Dude I used to buy those all the time, my wife makes some amazing homemade ones. She was out of town for a month taking care of her mom, I had a craving and bought some. They are at least 1/3 smaller than they used to be, I was shocked.

Edit.
I love Ramen, such a versatile food.
Also, Fluffernutters and tuna melts are a staple of my blue collar diet lol. When my wife isn’t cooking

(Spicy) Beef Patties

View attachment 1018296

No idea if it's "poor food" but all when I lived in the area the collage kids survived on them and half the neighborhood was walkin around eating them. They were ok and now and again I get them and spruce em up a tad.

<Neil01>
Love these things. We called them jamaican patties in montreal. Bought them from gettho shops for a $ lol.

Anything mince I guess can make poor people's food, you can do shitloads with mince, I'm a big fan

Safeway pizza. I paid $6 for a slice of pizza the other day at some pizza spot. Shit is wild.

Rice & Seasoned Black Beans & Seasoned Collard Greens (simmered in a big pot).​

There was that one hobo we seasoned and oven baked. A lil gamey imo.

I don't know if it constitutes as "poor", but out of all the sandwich meat slices on the supermarket aisle, I'll always go for German salami, which is usually around 90p to £1 for a pack of eleven or twelve.

All your southern cooking is poor people food.

I enjoy the cheap Costco/Sam's Club hotdog soda combo, but haven't had it due to salt and fat.

Back