Economy Brexit has completely failed for UK, say clear majority of Britons – poll

This has been predicted forever. Even if it happened tomorrow it wouldn't make the UKs decision any less stupid. It would be the equivalent of deciding to be homeless because you thought the bank might foreclose on your house.
When was the last time Germany was this weak and economically vulnerable? That scenario is a unique challenge for the EU.

Of course people think Brexit was a disaster. Because it was.

It implementation was run by a traitorous Tory party filled with fucking morons, whilst flooding the country with a million migrants a year

When was the last time Germany was this weak and economically vulnerable? That scenario is a unique challenge for the EU.

The EU was formed specifically for dealing with unique challenges. And brexit hasn't helped anyone address any challenges. It's harmed all parties involved for no benefit.

A poll of 2000 people doesn't seem like enough for a country of 67 million

At the time I could easily see how a majority of Britons would feel that being a member of the EU had saddled them with an unacceptable level of migration, and the idea of regaining full border control seemed possible.

But here they are, a seperate entity with absolutely zero control of their border, despite being an island nation. What’s the deportation statistics of small boat crossings? Considering that those people would by default have fled from France the fact that they’re not immediately expelled upon landing is insane.

Combine that with the current Conservatives supporting legal migration at a level something like 5x higher than Blair’s government did, and it’s obvious that no one in control actually wants to make any of the changes that Brexit supporters voted for. A majority of that country clearly has no legitimate political representation.

A poll of 2000 people doesn't seem like enough for a country of 67 million

Actually, surveying 2,000 people is a lot for a poll (as long as they are chosen randomly/from a random sample).

Actually, surveying 2,000 people is a lot for a poll (as long as they are chosen randomly/from a random sample).
Wasn't the original Brexit polling of only around 2000? That turned out to be wrong.

Wasn't the original Brexit polling of only around 2000? That turned out to be wrong.

Huh, you said that surveying "only" a thousand people in a country/nation of 67,000,000 doesn't seem like a lot. Actually, "2,000" people is a lot for a survey. Are you not aware how surveys are conducted ?

Brexit was a huge fucking deal, not sure why people should stop talking about it.
because they're just whining and there's nothing to be done about it.
it's reached fetish status.
let's go for a walk, let's call the parents, let's whine about brexit.

What original Brexit polling are you referring to?
The one that occurred before the referendum vote. Everyone expected Brexit to fail miserably based on that poll. Although, this was a while ago and I might be misremembering things.

They didn't punish the UK. They treated the UK as a nation that wasn't part of the EU. The problem with the Brexit crowd was that they thought the EU would give them preferential treatment because they're the UK (sort of like how the US treats the UK). They thought they were more important than they really were and assumed that they had more leverage than they really had.
Hardline brexiteers were literally claiming the whole of the EU would collapse like a house of cards when the UK left..... what actually happened was that anyone on the fence suddenly realized that the EU wasn't that bad after all.

Otto von Bismarck — 'Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others.'

Last edited:
Completely delusional take. I expect my country to make beneficial trade agreements and all others kind of beneficial arrangements with other countries when it's on my best interest. In this case my country, or rather these unelected bureaucrats in the EU who represent me, are deliberately hurting us to try and make an example out of the UK.

The EU and all of its countries don't have a responsibility towards the UK, they have one towards their own people. And they're failing massively. Sadly they'll probably last a few more decades before we see a full collapse.
Were you announcing your completely delusional take?

Last edited:
The one that occurred before the referendum vote. Everyone expected Brexit to fail miserably based on that poll. Although, this was a while ago and I might be misremembering things.

If you can be more specific that would be helpful.

Back