• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Conor McGregor dedicates massive $$$ to solving homelessness (the most charitable UFC fighter?)

Recently, Conor McGregor has decided to dedicate a large portion of his wealth towards solving the homeless crisis in Ireland.

McGregor who has in the past donated millions to first responders, and other charitable organizations has built 1,000 homes across ireland to solve the homeless problem which will all be for social housing.

View attachment 1022310

Has any other UFC fighter been more charitable than Conor McGregor? Dedicated more resources to organizations to do good unto the world?

View attachment 1022315

Good non Conor, but I have to ask the hard question.. What is the catch?

Hey dingus - he's simply announcing the 1,000 home milestone they've hit. That means that this has been an ongoing thing for some time. They didn't just break ground on the very first home and he rushed to twitter. This is the culmination of a lot of time and money.
Is there an angle he is working? Prepping for a future Political career?

Either way, I give him all the credit and kudos for doing what 99.9999999999% of us don’t think about, will not, and could not do.

sounds like a great tax write off

Either way, I give him all the credit and kudos for doing what 99.9999999999% of us don’t think about, will not, and could not do.
Yeah I think it's safe to say he has his eyes on political office in the future. But this is an issue he has talked about in the past.

Yeah I think it's safe to say he has his eyes on political office in the future. But this is an issue he has talked about in the past.
Yeah, I figured… because there is no such this as a free lunch.

Either way, he doing something that hopefully will make a huge dent in the homeless situation.

He’s probably got some government incentives to build low income housing.

I'm on the verge of homelessness at all times.

Not a junkie.

Life is hard.

Sorry to hear that. I know there are exceptions but in my experience most homeless are addicted, mentally ill or both. You got a plan to become more secure?

UFC's Forrest Griffin Community Award:
-(exceptional volunteer and charity work)-
Dustin Poirier (2020)
Max Holloway (2021)
Giga Chikadze (2022)
Nogueira Brothers (Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira & Antônio Rogério Nogueira) (2023)

Looks like Conor is winning this year then.

Skimming money from a charity

Hopefully it goes to actual Irish...

Hope no one forgot what the last few weeks have been like for them.

yeah... so much profits to be made from housing homeless people. I'm surprised there aren't more millionaires/billionaires jumping at the pot of gold that is building homes for the homeless.
conor says in the article its social economic housing. yeah millionaires and billionaires do this already. they build massive section 8 housing complexes. you jumped right past the article and went right to being that guy in the comments that thinks he understands the whole article by just reading the headline.

McGregor is doing more for Ireland than actual politicians.
<mma4>
If they are anything like the U. S. Politicians that’s not very tough.

Good on him. A lot of people with way more money than he has don’t do squat to help others.

Great stuff, the only other that i can remember involved in donating is Bryce Mitchell who offered his fight purse once, at the time i think the UFC covered for him, Poirier has the foundation, which some could shit on, but on paper is great coming from him, not sure of other fighters putting work/money where their mouth is for charity.

Good for him for giving to charity.

But unless he gives so much that it affects his lifestyle, than I'm not that impressed.
How much do you give. You can donate your time for free you miserable prick.

Probably only cares about the write-off.
Everyone writes-off charity dude. The fact that they actually put effort into a place where it’s needed doesn’t change it from being commendable. What often makes charity special is someone who “made it” in your community focusing effort there.

Didn’t Conner also make a nice donations during to the pandemic?

Good to see him following Saint Jones' footsteps and being a good humanitarian
1704686506244.png
1704686211300.png

Back