Media Jon Jones Back n Forth with Tom Aspinall Completely Dismissing Him - Tom Responds - Newest Update Jones Confirms WILL retire after Stipe fight

In an ideal world Aspinall should just defend the interim title 4 times, take the record but then have people "complain it's only an interim he's been dfending", forcing the UFC to address how they've devalued their belts

In the real world, if I'm Aspinall I'm fighting whoever, whenever, because he likely/probably beats everyone not named Jon quite easily

Defend the interim =- become the real HW champ in people's minds = become a big money fight

"Should" Aspinall have to do that? No.

Is that the best way of getting big money in the UFC in 2023? Obviously

If dinosaurs want to fight:

1704791633953.gif

Tom's resume is infinitely superior to Jones's.

At heavyweight.

Jon can claim all he wants about how Tom doesn't deserve to fight him but he couldn't be any more wrong. Tom is the interim champion, in any other scenario that's the golden ticket to fight the champ.

What other champs bitch about the resume of the number 1 contender? It doesn't matter, they are the number 1 contender.

The amount of cope from all the people that said Jon would never go up and be able to fight these bigger, stronger, faster heavyweights is so hilarious. Tom Aspinall is just the newest of like 25 guys that Jon is afraid of.

I remember all the way back to when he was scared of Rashad because they trained together, and he was scared of Chael.

Jones hasn’t beaten anyone better than Pavlovich so his resume is worse tbh. Jones crushed cans in a weak divison. Waited years until frank left then fought a can in gane. Now he wants to fight a 44 year old instead of the interim champ lol. What a Mickey Mouse career..

UFC needed a title fight cause of their ESPN contract, so they cooked up this interim strap.

Tom knows what he has. But now he is trying to goad either Jon or Stipe into a fight because why not? Remember, Chael is his advice giver, of course he's trying to start shit. And Tom has everything to gain here.

Meanwhile, Jon and Stipe are kinda the marks in this situation for falling for all of this. Just keep your mouths shut and get that final fight, and move on. Otherwise, this will gain steam and just stain the whole shindig even more.

Personally, I'm down for whatever. Jon's HW belt isn't any more legitimate to me than Tom's. And any version of Tom/Stipe/Jon sounds like a fun fight.

Last edited:
If he beats Gane then it forces Jon's hand IMO.

What Tom needs to do is prove he can headline a card and actually become a PPV draw.

Everything else is secondary.

And this is shit of it all. Give Tom a fight…someone…anyone…. Nope, let’s keep HW stuck frozen in time, maybe for a full year.

Aspinall is playing this badly.

Conceding that Jones' resume is 'far superior' is f*cking idiotic because it isn't. This is about the HW belt. Jones is 1-0 at HW. His LHW record is not relevant.

Back