Has any mma fighter worked in baking?

This question was on my mind since I first started to watch MMA, but I was too shy to ask here.

But you gave me courage, OP... so I will ask another important one:

Does anyone know if any MMA fighter had an anal bleach procedure?

As in actually worked, like baking in a bakery. Not a cashier there, nor baking at home as a hobby.
What a strange question. I don't know who's worked in a bakery, but Bethe Correira had cake

butts.png

This question was on my mind since I first started to watch MMA, but I was too shy to ask here.

It takes courage to ask the hard questions.

I’ve always wondered if during an anal bleaching procedure, a UFC caliber fighter would have the courtesy to pull his butt cheeks apart for the spa technician.

I heard Tito could whip up some fine pastries in the kitchen

Paige, Conor, Meisha, and Gabriel Gonzaga come to mind as immediate suspects.

Confectionery connoisseur Drew Dober could be the UFC’s toughest baker

USATSI_13929033.jpg

As a novice, Dober naturally started at the bottom of the confectionery food chain. The manager of the Hy-Vee grocery store that hired him needed someone to bake chocolate chip cookies every day from scratch. It was up to Dober to figure out the best way to do that. Soon enough, after a bit of trial and error, the cage fighter was splitting his time pumping out batches of 100 or more cookies each morning, then getting punched in the face at night. Maybe it wasn’t the most ordinary routine, but it fit Dober. And it didn’t take long for his kitchen curiosity to once again get the better of him.

“At first it was just chocolate chip — the store wanted to advertise from-scratch chocolate chip cookies — but then it didn’t take long for me to get bored and my mind to wander,” Dober said. “So then I just started playing with stuff like oatmeal raisin, and it got to a point where I was making this strawberry shortcake cookie. I’d just walk over to the cake decorators and steal some of their cake flour, and then they’d have this strawberry jam they were putting as a filling in cakes, so I’d actually roll that in with my cookies. So my manager would be like, ‘What are you doing?’ I’d be like, ‘I’m making you cookies. Put them out on the floor and see if they sell.’”

And they sold. Oh, they sold. Dober, it seemed, had a knack for this.

Doughnuts were his next conquest. Over the weekends, Dober would come into the bakery late at night, around 1 a.m., and prepare slates of hundreds of doughnuts for the Saturday and Sunday rushes. Seven hours straight of heating and decorating and preparing hundreds of treats just right.
Eventually, as his MMA career progressed and it became apparent that he could actually have a future in the sport, Dober knew he had to drop one of his three grinds between college, work and training, so the bakery was the first casualty to go.

Luckily, everything worked out. At the age of 24, Dober gave up his confectionary pursuits, and at the age of 25, Dober inked his first contract with the UFC.

He still looks back fondly on his time in the kitchen, though. Baking was a different kind of side hustle than any of his teammates had outside of combat sports, one much more peaceful than being a bouncer at a club or any of the other common MMA tropes, and one that brought Dober a level of mental reprieve on days that were particularly tough at school or the gym.

“They literally were like completely different worlds,” Dober said. “Different, all the time. When I was in the bakery, people were so surprised when I’d say I was a professional fighter. And then vice versa when I was doing all the fighting stuff. It was like, ‘Oh, my God. You’re also a baker?’ It was just polar opposites, but that’s what was nice for me, is like, it brought balance. Like, I’m in the gym with a bunch of sweaty dudes trying to beat me up every single day. And then I go into a bakery, and I’m surrounded by chicks helping me make doughnuts and cookies and stuff.

“It got to a point where if I was frustrated at the gym, I could just go to the bakery and not even clock in and just bust out some cookies. It was like my stress relief. It was like, ‘I feel like a horrible fighter. I’m getting beat up all the time. I’m just going to go make some cookies.’”

Back