Television TV or movie inaccuracies that bother you

Usually, the historical inaccuracies.
Vikings had a lot of them.
Or worse... Spartacus.
Well, most movies do.
I like the fact that in the movies slaves with zero education have a richer vocabulary than many people from the present.
Like... you know what I'm saying... like?

Also, how could Al Bundy afford a big house with an unemployed wife and 2 kids?
I was watching Terms of Endearment and I remember that the college professor had a crappy smaller house and the family had money problem.
Do shoe salesmen make more money than college professors in USA?

Did the American Indians have horses?
I think not!
How many touchdowns did your professors score in high school, you heathen? Al can get a castle if he wants to.

Anachronisms mostly. Like the ambulance in Joker

tumblr_py6ta7zMty1yn2n02o10_r1_540.gif

Yeah. Mostly centered around firearms stuff too. Like when they do a scene and rack the slide or pump a shell into a shotgun as an exclamation point on the scene intensity. Uh, did you not have a round in the chamber already?

I coincidentally watched some Xfiles recently too and there was one of the first episodes where a small town sheriff runs the FBI agents out of town. Like, oh yeah man, you totally have jurisdictional authority over the FBI on that potential corruption case? Lol

lel. true

Stationery is misspelled on the window behind them

How about when the bad guy is chasing a woman or man, and they get the drop on the bad guy and hit him over the head with a vase (or heavy object), knocking him out. Then they just stand there hugging and talking like it’s all over while the bad guy gets up and continues to attack them. Who the fuck would just think “Oh, he’s done. We’re safe now?”

Or when the same thing happens but they just stun the bad guy and knock him down. Then they just keep running instead of continuing to pummel him with said heavy object until he’s dead? I mean, that’s a little more believable than the former, but still…

I played baseball for about 20 years When ever they portray baseball on tv the actors usually have terrible entry level throwing and catching form.
Oh fuck yeah. I’m always telling my wife how shitty their form is. Especially when they’re playing a pitcher. It’s like they’ve never thrown a baseball before. Because they probably haven’t. Usually baseball scenes are kids. So the actors are all these child actors whose parents won’t let them anywhere near sports because they just force them into as many auditions as possible since they want their kids to get famous.

But holy shit, if I see another kid playing a pitcher short-arm a throw like a girl, my head will fucking explode.

Also CPR and AED use. You never hear ribs cracking during CPR and people get CPR and just pop right back up and alive like nothing.

I’ve done a ton of CPR on people and Hollywood CPR is an absolute joke
That and they don’t even use the AED right at all. And they never inject adrenaline into the person. That seems like it would be an awesome thing to include in a movie during a CPR scene.

When they show submarines as being spacious with big ass command room. Das Boot actually show the blueprint on how to portrait a submarine a long time ago and it's still the best submarine movie by far showing the claustrophobic uncomfortable life, but mfs in Hollywood can't seem to grasp it

I get annoyed at any historical movie or TV show when the studios don’t even try to have the dialogue spoken in the proper accent based on what country the story is taking place in.

Last edited:
Quicksand in adventure movies. You wil float in real quicksand. It should be mud that they get trapped in. You can drown in mud.
You can also drown in donkey pee. I think it should be that. Donkey pee.

Oh fuck yeah. I’m always telling my wife how shitty their form is. Especially when they’re playing a pitcher. It’s like they’ve never thrown a baseball before. Because they probably haven’t. Usually baseball scenes are kids. So the actors are all these child actors whose parents won’t let them anywhere near sports because they just force them into as many auditions as possible since they want their kids to get famous.

But holy shit, if I see another kid playing a pitcher short-arm a throw like a girl, my head will fucking explode.
Sounds like a happy marriage.

Sorry

Shit writing on general where characters would not do most easy/logical option to get out of shit situation

Ok I’m going through and rewatching the X-Files and damn the fact that none of the FBI Agents keep a round chambered bothers the hell out of me.

This and military uniforms being completely jacked in so many shows and movies bother me way more than they should.

Anyone else have the random TV or movie inaccuracies that bother the hell out of them?
sometimes, i saw the George Foreman biopic and the Ali character looked way too old, he really wasn't but the way his features set on his face was not like Ali's however, he grew on me, he captured the defiance in the man better than any other actor ever did. Some movies, if shit is too far off as to be ridiculous, i just won't watch. The Chinese produced Bruce Lee movie showed a modern Seattle skyline, that pretty much made me stop watching right there, how are you gonna depict 1960 seattle with todays skyline? It's retarded.

Also CPR and AED use. You never hear ribs cracking during CPR and people get CPR and just pop right back up and alive like nothing.

I’ve done a ton of CPR on people and Hollywood CPR is an absolute joke
That is baywatch biggest thing.

When they show submarines as being spacious with big ass command room. Das Boot actually show the blueprint on how to portrait a submarine a long time ago and it's still the best submarine movie by far showing the claustrophobic uncomfortable life, but mfs in Hollywood can't seem to grasp it
If you watch monk episode with sub o man you would think that is house with full size hallways

I played baseball for about 20 years When ever they portray baseball on tv the actors usually have terrible entry level throwing and catching form. They also wear their uniforms improperly or use gear a high level player wouldn't wear. The gloves are usually like wal mart brand shit on tv for a professional game even high school kids are using pro level gear now irl shit we had pro level gloves and catcher gear in the early 2000s.
I pitched through college and i cringe when i see 99% of the actors who portray pitchers.

2 of the worst were Bruce Springsteen in the Glory Days video (he even calls it a "speedball" in the song) and Eddie Harris in Major League who was throwing 35 mph tops. Props to Charlie Sheen though, who could actually throw

The one that's really been bothering me lately is when someone is being attacked, the bad guy gets full mount and either chokes or punches from that position, and the victim escapes by reaching their arm out to the side and grabbing an object, then hitting the bad guy in the face with it. If it's indoors then it's always an iron or a small statue, and outdoors it's always a rock or a small log.

They use this technique sooooooo frequently in movies and TV that it's just become the standard now.

If you've ever had anyone in full mount then you know if their reaching for an object:

1. It's super easy to see
2. It's super easy to stop them from grabbing it
3. And if by some miracle they do grab it and swing it at your head, it's super easy to block

Even an untrained person would never get hit by this attack.

Ok I’m going through and rewatching the X-Files and damn the fact that none of the FBI Agents keep a round chambered bothers the hell out of me.

This and military uniforms being completely jacked in so many shows and movies bother me way more than they should.

Anyone else have the random TV or movie inaccuracies that bother the hell out of them?
When a TV or movie character is holding a coffee mug or other mug for some kind of drink, and they pretend to drink from it and it's completely obvious that there is no liquid in the mug at all. Just from the way they "drink" from it. I see it all the time. the director should TELL the props guys to ACTUALLY put coffee or tea or wine or water or whatever in the mug.

Actors fail constantly to convincingly "drink" from a drink container. It does bug me slightly (not much, just a bit).

When a TV or movie character is holding a coffee mug or other mug for some kind of drink, and they pretend to drink from it and it's completely obvious that there is no liquid in the mug at all. Just from the way they "drink" from it. I see it all the time. the director should TELL the props guys to ACTUALLY put coffee or tea or wine or water or whatever in the mug.

Actors fail constantly to convincingly "drink" from a drink container. It does bug me slightly (not much, just a bit).

I remember seeing an old Rob Lowe interview where he's just gushing about James Gandolfini's work on The Sopranos.

What blew Rob's mind is "nobody eats on camera, NOBODY eats on camera and here Jim is shoving cappacolla into his face like a boss". He tried to explain how it's such a pain to shoot meals because if you actually eat the food it becomes a continuity nightmare with multiple takes but Jim just doesn't care and he eats on camera throughout the whole series.

Back