News Zhang vs Yan - UFC 300.

Who Wins?

• Zhang

Votes: 95 90.5%
  • Yan

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters
Dana actually thinks this whole "Chinese vs Chinese" is some kind of selling point :rolleyes: nobody gives a fuck except the Chinese probably

Dana actually thinks this whole "Chinese vs Chinese" is some kind of selling point :rolleyes: nobody gives a fuck except the Chinese probably
Why the heck is the fight not taking place in Cathay?
(Sorry @Ares Black, I've been listening to Harold Lamb's bio of Genghis Khan for the last few days.)

I think part of the backlash is the fact they announced they had a UFC 300 announcement and made people wait the whole day just to hear a fight that was obviously going to happen. This is a fight you just announce.

Why the heck is the fight not taking place in Cathay?
(Sorry @Ares Black, I've been listening to Harold Lamb's bio of Genghis Khan for the last few days.)
Wow it just got real nerdy in here.

Just kidding. I guess it's not a good bet in this political and economic environment. It's still an historic fight in Chinese MMA history. I should think it will be viewed by a lot of people. It may be the first exposure to MMA for millions of people.

I think this fight will be fireworks. They have some history and it is most likely going to lead to some bad blood. At the very least both women are going to fight really hard since they have experience with each other.

Last edited:
Its hype til you see that 8 out of Yan's last 10 fights went to a decision. Those 10 fights were all of Yan's UFC fights too. Out of those 10, she lost 1 via split decision and 1 via TKO to Carla Esparza in 2021. Yes, the decision machine Carla Esparza. The only finish she has had in the UFC was against Andrade in her last fight. For Andrade, that was sandwiched between a sub from Blanchfield and a sub from Suarez.

I honestly think this ends up being a fairly lackluster fight that goes to a decision with Zhang winning.
I had 500 on the Yan Esparza fight going the distance. I wanted to cry, and still do

I believe this main card will boast 5 title fights.

LWH title main event
WW title
WFLW Title
SW Title
FLW Title (winner of this weekends co-main)

It will try to claim being special this way.
5 title fights would be pretty insane. Wouldn't necessarily be a recipe for excitement, but I'd definitely be intrigued enough to buy it.

5 title fights would be pretty insane. Wouldn't necessarily be a recipe for excitement, but I'd definitely be intrigued enough to buy it.
which i think is just safe enough to sell, but not unsafe enough to be called gimmicky.

Big trouble in little China.

Honestly hyped anytime Weili fights.

cant-wait-football.gif

Back