Media Dana White's gloomy facial expression, as he was going to put the strap on Du Plessis

I felt like a lot of people didn’t want Sean as champ. They didn’t like that platform to say whatever he wanted

The face of a man who wanted Strickland v Izzy 2 to headline UFC300 I bet.
I tend to agree with this. After the fight, Dana said they're having a matchmaking meeting on Tuesday, after which they will announce the 300 headliners. That suggests to me that the 300 main event hinged on the outcome of this fight. My assumption is that Izzy was always going to headline 300, and the only question was against whom. With Strickland out, I expect Izzy-Alex 3.

He appears to have a look on his face like he bet on Sean?

Here's another camera angle of him..........

b7653b7f6b8d5d8b38ef552c2c43ff68.gif

Could have something to do with where he said at the post fight presser - that he thought Strickland won?

If he thought it was a bullshit decision, he's not exactly going to be giving the belt to the guy he thought lost with a big smile on his face.

I tend to agree with this. After the fight, Dana said they're having a matchmaking meeting on Tuesday, after which they will announce the 300 headliners. That suggests to me that the 300 main event hinged on the outcome of this fight. My assumption is that Izzy was always going to headline 300, and the only question was against whom. With Strickland out, I expect Izzy-Alex 3.
That’s interesting, I would think given their previous altercations that Izzy/DDP would be able to drive buys. Personally I’m not really interested in Izzy/Alex 3, maybe if it was at MW but at for the 205 belt I don’t like it because I don’t think Izzy stays.

Back