Media Tom Aspinall says Stipe Miocic turned down UFC 300 fight, targets summer return

If Stipe accepts, I’d watch. I guess Stipe needs to weigh the options. Which one pays him more.

But since Jones is unreliable. If I was Stipe I’d go for Aspinall at 300.

He’ll be the underdog to both. But he can totally screw duck Jones over by fighting Aspinall.

Stipe has less chance of beating the younger Aspinal than he does Jones imo. He should hold out for a payday. Although the UFC know Jones won’t fight the younger contenders, so by offering Stipe to Aspinal, are they moving on from Jon Jones?

Stipe has less chance of beating the younger Aspinal than he does Jones imo. He should hold out for a payday. Although the UFC know Jones won’t fight the younger contenders, so by offering Stipe to Aspinal, are they moving on from Jon Jones?

Or theyre forcing his hand to fight Tom or retire.

Stipe won't go anywhere near this fight.

Aspinall is younger, stronger, faster, more hungry, and has more to gain.

Sure Stipe could win an interim belt, but that doesn't mean anything to a 2 time undisputed champion.

Plus, he would lose his opportunity to fight Jones if he got sparked out in under a minute against Aspinall.

That being said, even if he did lose to Tom, I have no doubts Jones would still demand to fight Stipe upon his return so maybe not for that last point.

If Aspinall wants on 300, he should just give in and settle for Gane even though it's understandable he doesn't want to give Gane the opportunity after Gane was unwilling to give Aspinall the opportunity in the past.

Aspinall vs Gane UFC 300, let's go!

Last edited:
stipe should just go away at this point. he's a senior citizen with no chance of beating anyone and all he's doing is muddying the waters at HW. he's old, he had a great career, now ride off into the sunset and leave the division to those who can still fight.

Pink Goof trying to hammer the final nails into grandpa Stipes coffin.

Stipe won't go anywhere near this fight.

Aspinall is younger, stronger, faster, more hungry, and has more to gain.

Sure Stipe could win an interim belt, but that doesn't mean anything to a 2 time undisputed champion.

Plus, he would lose his opportunity to fight Jones if he got sparked out in under a minute against Aspinall.

That being said, even if he did lose to Tom, I have no doubts Jones would still demand to fight Stipe upon his return so maybe not for that last point.

Absolutely, and I don't blame Stipe for waiting for Jones to be honest.

If they're going to get Aspinall on the card why not get him to fight Pavlovich? At least that one is relevant and would be a banger

EDIT: Yep I forgot Aspinall just fought Pavlovich ha ha

Last edited:
Absolutely, and I don't blame Stipe for waiting for Jones to be honest.

If they're going to get Aspinall on the card why not get him to fight Pavlovich? At least that one is relevant and would be a banger
Well, he just knocked out Pavlovich in 69 seconds last November so doing that back to back wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

I'd imagine they're probably looking at Gane even though Aspinall said he doesn't want to give him the opportunity after Gane openly ducked him before.

I'm really surprised they offered Stipe to Aspinall tbh, since Dana has publicly been so against having Jones and Stipe fight anybody but one another.

Unfortunately for him, Stipe knows he would get KTFO by Aspinall.

Back