Media Tom Aspinall says Stipe Miocic turned down UFC 300 fight, targets summer return

People were giving Jones shit for wanting to fight Miocic over Aspinall, but when it’s Miocic wanting to fight Jones over Aspinall people are much more understanding…

<{vega}>

I do think eventually the UFC will promote Aspinall to Champion in order to get him to defend against Gane/Blaydes/Jailton.

If Jones & Stipe aren't interested in fighting each other unless it's for Undisputed gold, then fuck em. I mean seriously the UFC has all the leverage here. Don't wanna make another payday? Fine the show goes on without you.

They really should consider a GOAT Belt or something similarly gimmicky for their retirement fight. If it means moving on with the division I think most fans would be accepting of it.

optics, misdirection, designed to leave fanbase confused and shifting blame equally amongst all parties

That would be a great fight. Jones would then have the only option but to face the winner. Stipe vs Aspinall would make a decent 300 co-main

It’s become clear Aspinall is the actual acting champion of the division in every way but officially.

What about actually defending the title? Aspinall doesn't seem too keen on that, but it's a pretty big element of being a champion.

What about actually defending the title? Aspinall doesn't seem too keen on that, but it's a pretty big element of being a champion.
He's openly said he would. He'd just prefer to unify

I believe he’s said he would and he’s only had the belt 2 months, so wouldn’t say he’s unwilling as of right now.

Oh well, so nothings changed.

<Fedor23>

Surprised...

If Stipe accepts, I’d watch. I guess Stipe needs to weigh the options. Which one pays him more.

But since Jones is unreliable. If I was Stipe I’d go for Aspinall at 300.

He’ll be the underdog to both. But he can totally screw duck Jones over by fighting Aspinall.
I’m only okay with that fight if they strip jones otherwise it’s pointless

Fight Prediction: Tom Aspinall vs. Stipe Miocic

Tom Aspinall

Record: 14-3-0
Height: 6'5" (196cm)
Reach: 78.0" (198cm)
Notable Traits: High KO ratio, strong striking skills, fast finishes
Recent Performance: Won against Sergei Pavlovich by KO in Round 1 (UFC 295)

Stipe Miocic

Record: 20-4-0
Height: 6'4" (194cm)
Reach: 80.0" (203cm)
Notable Traits: Experienced, high KO ratio, strong boxing background
Recent Performance: Lost to Francis Ngannou by KO in Round 2 (UFC 260)

Analysis

Striking: Aspinall has a significant striking differential and is known for his fast finishes. Miocic, while also a strong striker, has shown vulnerability in his recent fights. Edge: Aspinall
Power: Both fighters have high KO ratios, but Aspinall's recent performance suggests a slight advantage in power. Edge: Aspinall
Experience: Miocic has more experience at the top level, having faced and defeated numerous high-profile opponents. Edge: Miocic
Physicality: Similar in height, but Miocic has a slight reach advantage. This could play a role in striking exchanges. Edge: Miocic
Conditioning: Miocic has proven his ability to handle long, grueling fights. Aspinall's fights tend to end quickly, so his endurance in later rounds is less tested. Edge: Miocic
Prediction

Aspinall's recent performances and knockout power give him an edge. However, Miocic's experience and ability to endure longer fights could be crucial if the fight extends beyond the early rounds.

Prediction Confidence: 70%
Predicted Winner: Tom Aspinall
Predicted Method: KO
Predicted Round: Round 2

Additional Considerations

Weight Class: Heavyweight. This division is known for its unpredictability due to the power each fighter possesses.
Recent Activity: Aspinall has been more active recently, which might give him a slight edge in terms of fight rhythm and momentum.
Mental Aspect: Miocic's experience in high-stakes fights could give him a psychological advantage, especially in dealing with adversity during the fight.

I think UFC and Jones will do everything in their power to block any possibility of Miocic-Aspinall. There’s too much at stake for them. If Aspinall won it leaves Jon with no more options and no more excuses. Mr Legacy would have nowhere to hide not even under the octagon.

Back