Roy Nelson said Big Nog had metal plates in his face

Ok sure, but was it spinal?

mike-tyson-dork.gif

The age involved as well I doubt it would even be possible to have plates in his head long term when he was still growing.

I imagine they'd have to change them / refit them over time.

But I'm no metal face expert.

So... you can fight with a metal face? I'm thinking that doesn't make a lot of sense. Everyone that ever fought him would have a broken hand. Unless you have information that he does.

His childhood accident damaged his ribs and liver, which is why he has the scar. I have never heard anything about him having a metal face.
RDA has a metal plate too

RDA has a metal plate too

@ticho123 posted this earlier -

Relevant quotes regarding Rafael dos anjos wiki. I doubt a metal plate would be an advantage since it's small and destabilizes the surrounding boke.

After receiving a broken jaw in the Guida fight, dos Anjos now has a titanium fused jaw that he claims has broken some hands of later opponents.[108] Dr. Johnny Benjamin has disagreed with dos Anjos, pointing out that the titanium plate in his jaw is measured in millimeters.[109]

Rafael dos Anjos - Wikipedia

en.m.wikipedia.org
en.m.wikipedia.org

mmajunkie.usatoday.com

Twitter Mailbag: Can dos Anjos' jaw really break hands? Is UFC 185 worth the trip?

Rafael dos Anjos claims he can shatter hands with his titanium jaw, and one reader wants to know whether UFC 185 is worth driving three hours during a vacation for. We’ll get to the bottom of…

There are many implants possible to the face; breaking your jaw can require metal. As far as metal plates that break hands, no.

What if it's cheek or orbital bones? Since, you know, that was where Roy motioned when he said this.

Also, why the fuck am I asking you? Lol

Treatment for an Orbital Blowout FractureThe extent of the surgery depends on the extent of the damage done to the bones and to the eye itself. In some instances, a victim suffering this type of injury will require metal plates to stabilize the floor of the orbit or help the eye socket bones heal.

@Levi_ I can just feel you typing away right now trying to google info on thicknesses and locations of implants, trying to find any little thing to back up your statements itt. Instead, maybe you should just admit you don't know if what Nelson said is true or not, no more than any of us do.

And ffs stop going around in here, saying shit like it's fact, with your medical degree from "i talk out of my ass college." ok bud?

So... you can fight with a metal face? I'm thinking that doesn't make a lot of sense. Everyone that ever fought him would have a broken hand. Unless you have information that he does.

His childhood accident damaged his ribs and liver, which is why he has the scar. I have never heard anything about him having a metal face.
Pretty sure fighter have had metal plates and pins in their hands have been able to fight, don't see why it would be different for in the face.

@Levi_ I can just feel you typing away right now trying to google info on thicknesses and locations of implants, trying to find any little thing to back up your statements itt. Instead, maybe you should just admit you don't know if what Nelson said is true or not, no more than any of us do.

And ffs stop going around in here, saying shit like it's fact, with your medical degree from "i talk out of my ass college." ok bud?
No reason for hostility pal. Have a beer.

TwgGwGQ.png

Pretty sure fighter have had metal plates and pins in their hands have been able to fight, don't see why it would be different for in the face.
Not the sort of plate that breaks people's hands, which is what Roy is saying.

Not the sort of plate that breaks people's hands, which is what Roy is saying.
So your saying you can have a plate in your hands or elbows which causes more damage but not in your face? I don't see the logic in that.

What if it's cheek or orbital bones? Since, you know, that was where Roy motioned when he said this.

Also, why the fuck am I asking you? Lol

Treatment for an Orbital Blowout FractureThe extent of the surgery depends on the extent of the damage done to the bones and to the eye itself. In some instances, a victim suffering this type of injury will require metal plates to stabilize the floor of the orbit or help the eye socket bones heal.
So you still haven't answered my question which you have run from since the first page of this thread. If Roy broke his hands (both) on Nog's face because it was metal, why didn't everyone else?

Back