Strickland vs Anderson / does it say anything about MW overall

No, 59.

But you got it bass-ackwards: young stupid fucks, like you, need to respect their elders.
Why respect some oldhead that gets a false sense of superiority by arguing on an mma forum and fanboying over pereira night and day? You just can’t stop talking about how great he is, it’s like you’re getting paid for it or yu just don’t have anything else to do. Go play with your grand kids buddy

Why respect some oldhead that gets a false sense of superiority by arguing on an mma forum and fanboying over pereira night and day? You just can’t stop talking about how great he is, it’s like you’re getting paid for it or yu just don’t have anything else to do. Go play with your grand kids buddy

No false sense. I am superior to you, by any metric.

Sean's 2nd best win is what? A 24 year old Brendan Allen? Uriah Hall? Imavov?

Dude is good, but let's not get carried away. Could he outpoint Anderson? Sure, in theory. But odds are Anderson melts him. Prime Anderson was extremely fast.

Andy's entire highlight reel is him provoking guys into brain farting (until he started to brain fart himself) - Sonnen 1 sub, Sonnen 2 spinning elbow, Bisping's knee, etc. He's a sneaky weasel with a nasty killer instinct. However, if guys are patient and stick to basics - he suddenly becomes kinda useless.

Watch Bisping vs Silva. Even after Bisping took the knee and was half dead in there, Andy couldn't finish him cause Michael was too patient and meat & potatoes to give Silva a chance. And Strickland I think is more patient in there than Bisping ever was (Bisping might be more durable, though).

Basically, Strickland vs Izzy is kinda how I think it would look. Just a straight forward point down. Andy might just blitz Sean with something unexpected, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Styles make fights and Strickland, I think, would be a shit match up for Silva.

Yes because thay was prime Anderson right ...

... right???

Anderson would beat Strickland. I think it would certainly be an interesting fight but I think Anderson was just too dynamic for Strickland.

Lol what a bunch of wasted letters.

Andy's entire highlight reel is him provoking guys into brain farting (until he started to brain fart himself) - Sonnen 1 sub, Sonnen 2 spinning elbow, Bisping's knee, etc. He's a sneaky weasel with a nasty killer instinct. However, if guys are patient and stick to basics - he suddenly becomes kinda useless.

Watch Bisping vs Silva. Even after Bisping took the knee and was half dead in there, Andy couldn't finish him cause Michael was too patient and meat & potatoes to give Silva a chance. And Strickland I think is more patient in there than Bisping ever was (Bisping might be more durable, though).

Basically, Strickland vs Izzy is kinda how I think it would look. Just a straight forward point down. Andy might just blitz Sean with something unexpected, but I wouldn't bet on it.

His HL reel is certainly a lot more than that. You look at most of his finishes, it's Anderson taking the fight to his opponents and finishing them. Fights like Hendo, Rich 2x, Vitor, Leben, Lutter, Bonnar, Okami, Marquart, Newton, Steibling, Fryklund. These aren't fights where his opponents brain farted lol, these are fights where Anderson was just better and finished em.

I think you're looking at one example of Anderson vs Bisping from 2016 and painting an overall picture of Anderson how he performs vs those fighters. When you take fighters that do the basics well like Rich and Marguart, they got taken out pretty easily.

And Izzy vs Sean and Anderson vs Sean are two different fights. Andy and Izzy are different fighters.

Anderson Silva was absolutely fantastic in his prime.

Could KO people with a single punch, single elbow, single kick.

Multi-dimensional, absolutely creative.

Sean Strickland is precisely the opposite. Mediocre in every way.

Parry, parry, jab.
Parry, parry, front kick.

The two combatants should not ever be mentioned in the same sentence again, unless it's to point out extreme talent (Silva) versus extreme mediocrity (Strickland).
You'd be surprised how many people would say Strickland > Anderson at striking.
The MMA world is an odd one.

Recency bias in all things, it seems.

Anderson made a career out of destroying all-comers on the feet, dispatching a GENERATION of fighters.

As I say, recency bias (or whatever we can call this phenomenon) is fucking wild.
The thing I hate most about modern MMA fans.
The next guy is always the GOAT at this or that, complete disrespect to the real legends of this sport.

It's probably going to be a stinker. Strickland is very defensive and Anderson doesn't like to move forward either.

You realize Silva was 41 when he fought Bisping? Pretty sure his age has more to do with him losing to a guy who was a gatekeeper during his reign than style matchup.

Strickland is Andersons perfect match since Anderson was a counterstriker. Anderson wins easily.

Reactions: mkt

Bisping fought a very old, post-champion Anderson after he suffered a brutal leg break. The Andy who fought Bonnar was definitely better. Having said that, Anderson was 37 when he fought Bonnar (more than a bit of age on him) and was getting too comfortable dropping his hands and letting his opponents tee off on him. I'd say that version of Anderson beats current Strickland 60-80% of the time.

The version of Anderson who destroyed Leben up to the version who embarrassed Forrest beats Sean 100% of the time or close to that....as long as he doesn't clown most of the fight like he did a couple of times (Maia, Leites). I don't think he'd do that against a guy like Strickland who'd be trying to jab him the entire fight, though. I think Anderson would take it much more seriously, like he did against Hendo and Belfort.

Bisping vs Anderson is a decent corollary. Problem is that was during his decline/aging. Other problem is we never saw prime Anderson vs a person with "elite meat and potatoes" basics like Sean, or even more specifically that aggressive counter-counter style that Sean employs.
We could also bring up Nick Diaz vs. Anderson, which was also during Silva's post-prime, post-championship. While Diaz is skinnier than Sean, their height/reach is identical, at least according to Wikipedia. Diaz' style was a bit more unorthodox, but like Sean, he came forward, had a strong chin and threw punches with high volume. And of course Anderson won that fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Konster1
Back