Media Kelvin Gastelum: Sean's Best Attribute is His Grappling

Wormwood

Rest in Peace BWR
@Black
Reaction score
Interesting insight/perspective from Kelvin. Kelvin said he has sparred/trained with Sean in the past, and Sean got the better of him. Kelvin said Sean has good striking, but Sean's grappling is his strength...more so than his striking. I was surprised to hear that since Sean seems to be a striker, and likes to put down BJJ. Kelvin goes on to say Dricus thinks he will get the better of Sean in the grappling exchanges, but Kelvin thinks Dricus is going to be surprised if/when the fight hits the mat.

Of course Kelvin and Dricus are different fighters (and size)so who knows how well Kelvin's experience sparring with Sean translates to Kelvin's analysis of Sean vs Dricus.

Kelvin's pick is Sean to win the fight.

*time stamped

Last edited:
Apparently Sean thinks so too.

Bisping always tells a story about him sparring with Strickland back in the day. They strictly kickboxed, Bisping said Sean did quite well for a younger, inexperienced guy.

After the sparring Strickland said' "You think that was good? I'm even better on the ground" lol.

Kelvin back on that burrito diet <{cruzshake}>

Strickland has videos with Ankalaev and Eblen in this camp. I guess he didn't bring Eblen not to wrestle

Back