Media Izzy doing some defensive wrestling drills

I love Izzy vs Khamzat as a fight. I dont love that it would take one of them out as a contender for DDP. Izzy gonna need to rassle a little against DDP too- so not sure this means a whole lot.

Maybe he’s just, you know.. training?
It looks like he is getting ready for someone, he is at Volks gym putting in a lot of work. I mean maybe it's nothing but previous times he has just been there in a supporting role (training still but not doing these heavy drills)

Izzy is just visiting Volks gym and helping Alex for his camp. Why not wrestle a bit with the Hickman bros at the same time?

People forget that there are fighters with travel restrictions, so they can’t enter the US. Izzy can’t fight without an opponent at the 300.

the problem with khamzat is that no one knows 100% whats happening:

1) is the visa issue real/resolved?
2) UFC are saving him and playing the long game to the title
3) he isnt Dana's golden child anymore
4) he is genuinely ducking hard fights
5) 300 is going to be on during ramadan - how is that going to work

It looks like he is getting ready for someone, he is at Volks gym putting in a lot of work. I mean maybe it's nothing but previous times he has just been there in a supporting role (training still but not doing these heavy drills)

Healways puts in work with the hickman bros and Craig jones when he can, regardless of where they meet up. Maybe this is in prep for someone specific, but it could also just as likely be just training as usual.

Neither Adesanya or Chimaev deserve title shots right now. Adesanya's 1-2 in his last few and didn't defend his second title successfully once, while Chimaev barely scraped by short notice, 36 year old Usman with a massive size advantage. Adesanya vs Chimaev is the fight to make, but Chimaev being buttbuddies with a dictator likely bars him from entering the US, so it's unlikely to work out for UFC 300.

Khamzat in the replies. Let the speculation begin.

Needs to protect his face more.....

giphy.gif

Back