Media Izzy doing some defensive wrestling drills

End of round 2. The fight is free on YouTube.
Lmao he was so hurt he took Burns down immediately....the only times the fight was almost finished was by khamzat twice

Imagine 10 fights in your career and you beat the 2nd ranked guy at the time

Oh and Burns dropped prime Usman worse

Neither Adesanya or Chimaev deserve title shots right now. Adesanya's 1-2 in his last few and didn't defend his second title successfully once, while Chimaev barely scraped by short notice, 36 year old Usman with a massive size advantage. Adesanya vs Chimaev is the fight to make, but Chimaev being buttbuddies with a dictator likely bars him from entering the US, so it's unlikely to work out for UFC 300.

Is that really why he has problems with the visas?

That combined with this honestly leads me to believe DDP ain’t ready for 300 so they’re going with Izzy vs chimeav
For the interim. You heard it here first. Or possibly somewhere else first but I’m saying it.

For the interim. You heard it here first. Or possibly somewhere else first but I’m saying it.

Agreed

I’ve been saying this for the past week-ish and everyone’s telling me I’m crazy, stupid, ect

It’s a smart fight to make while no belt is on the line.

It’s a smart fight to make while no belt is on the line.

Nah it would be for the interim middleweight championship

"DDP didn't want to fight!"

giphy.gif

Agreed

I’ve been saying this for the past week-ish and everyone’s telling me I’m crazy, stupid, ect
You’re just saying this to low key say you heard it from you first. I know your games. Sounds like something Dana would do to me. So we will be stupid together

Izzy/Khamzat is Hooker/Islam all over again. 1 round humiliation. I think the only scenario UFC lets this happen is for a title fight.

Agreed

If Khamzat can't get into the U.S it'll be interesting to see what they do. Save Izzy for DDP & find someone else to headline 300, Strickland part 2, or Pereira part 3?

You’re just saying this to low key say you heard it from you first. I know your games. Sounds like something Dana would do to me. So we will be stupid together

Lmao I already booked flight/hotel so I’m obsessively following every tidbit of news regarding 300 and honestly everything just points to them targeting DDP/izzy, DDP not being ready, so just doing chimeav/izzy for intern

Reactions: Yep
This isn't anything new. Most of his training footage consists of defensive wrestling, it's the reason why he's made it this far as a striking based fighter.

Thinking about Andersons tdd…. He’d still be champ if he wasn’t old.

He’s an mma fighter. Why wouldn’t he be training grappling?

100%. Some dummies here think he's not working on his wrestling for every fight & only if he fights someone like Chimaev lmao. <Lmaoo>

Back