Strickland is 11-1 in his last 12 fights over a 4 year span...(Only loss to Alex, an obvious weight bully at MW and now the LHW champ)

Hate him or love him, his fight against Izzy was one of the most impressive performancesI have seen in recent years. Basically beat Izzy at his own game, didn't even use takedowns or wrestling.

I feel a lot of people dislike Sean mainly for his antics, and outspoken nature bout topics which offend a lot of people. I get it, it sells tickets and stuff

I feel like the opposite is also true. A lot of people love sean for his antics and opinions, thus argue endlessly from their emotions that he should have won close fights that didn't go his way.

I think ss beat Jared but he definitely lost to ddp imo

3-3 in his last six. He is quite talented but boring and him becoming champ tells you quite a lot about the state of the division.

Fan scores are 48-47 Strickland. Fans also scored the DDP fight for Strickland. Bottom line is both fights were contentious on media scores, and majority of fans think Strickland won both fights. (Evidence in your link)

Quit acting like both fights weren't complete tossups where the winner was lucky to get the judges decision.
Tbf fan scores for ppl with cult followings like Sean prob aren’t objective viewers

To be honest though I think it probably goes as much the other way, he's both loved and hated.

Certainly don't hear the hate from the fans when he's fighting for them lately. I'm still amazed that he won over Australia and canada. I see people talk about hate for the guy more than I actually see it. To me, the guy seems like one of the biggest fan favorites in the ufc right now. I'm not a fan, but I'm happy for the guy. He's been at this for a long time.

The media is low IQ.

They have no idea what they're watching, nor does anyone else that scored the fight for Cannonier.
It‘s always funny seeing people who obviously lack even average thinking capabilities claim others or abstract entities like „the media“ are low IQ.

„The media is low IQ“
<36>
Completely idiotic on so many levels.

Sean Strickland is extremely underrated, but why? You don't like his style? Low IQ judges and fans?

In Sean's last 12 fights, he's 11-1 and his only loss was to the LHW champion. Sean clearly beat Cannonier and he beat DDP, although that was a very close fight.

People keep talking about Sean as if he was a lucky champion, but it makes no sense.
i wonder why mma websites and almost all fighters thought ddp won

but hey your a fanboy thats your opinion if you think sean won
and the rest of the pro fighters think ddp won

Well I think the reason people call him a lucky champ is because he doesn't beat top fighters only Izzy is his one off top win otherwise he loses all top 5 match ups dricus cannonier and poatan

I think a questionable fight should go to the champion that dominated a former champion to win the belt, especially when the champion he dominated is the 2nd greatest MW of all time.

Strickland deserved the benefit of doubt, not DDP.
Well you're wrong as usual. For instance..

No, I'm honest.

And I have a very high fight IQ.

I don't score points for dudes that wildly swing and hit air. It's embarrassing if you do.
Wrong

Wrong

And situationally wrong, cuz the fight was in Toronto where aggression is scored alongside effective striking/grappling, as well as cage control

Last edited:
How come you're so defensive? Why can't you just acknowledge it was a close fight in which DDP was VERY lucky to get the judges nod?
What. Are. You. Missing?
his only loss was to the LHW champion
There's not even an argument Cannonier won.

Nobody said he was robbed sir.
That's just the way you take things.

Any discussion that is different than your thoughts always goes this way.
Are you being serious? The thread was started for that very reason

Last edited:
Fighters get it wrong just as much as fans if not more.
On average, sure, but the fighters I mentioned are all more knowledgeable than most fans, especially the fan who made this thread

Last edited:
The Sean and Jared fight was great, should watch again. I recall myself thinking Sean won though, but great fight that's underrated. He's really good fighter, but that's not the record.

Sean Strickland is extremely underrated, but why? You don't like his style? Low IQ judges and fans?

In Sean's last 12 fights, he's 11-1 and his only loss was to the LHW champion. Sean clearly beat Cannonier and he beat DDP, although that was a very close fight.

People keep talking about Sean as if he was a lucky champion, but it makes no sense.

Another GOAT post from TS.

In many ways, Strickland and JBJ are similar. Both GOATs with misleading records. Both dominant. Both American. (Probably why they get so much hate 'n' jealousy)

The truth is though he HAS become a better win for Alex with time, when that fight happened he was viewed as a solid contender but not likely to threaten the very top of the division whilst fighting pretty much the same way.

I think part of the issue is really that Stricklands style is a counter style, exploiting opponents who need counter openings and wild brawls to win. it doesnt really look that impressive but that he doesnt give opponents what they typically need to win makes him a tough fight for some.

Back