Strickland is 11-1 in his last 12 fights over a 4 year span...(Only loss to Alex, an obvious weight bully at MW and now the LHW champ)

I'm sorry but Strickland knows his style is something that can make fights "close". End of the day every fighter knows judges can be wonky and be all over the place. To win a fight they get a t/ko, submit, or leave it to the crazy judges. I think Strickland beat Cannonier, but he chose to not seal the win and I think if you go back and change everyone's record for close fights then half the fights we watch are meaningless.

He didn't choose to not seal the win. He couldn't.

Let's not make it more complicated than it is.
He's simply not capable of it.

Sean's whole issue is he doesn't have killer instinct, Despite how unhinged and violent he likes to likes to present himself.

He lets rounds be close and hopes he wins them. nothing he does is with authority. Even a fight he clearly won (hermanson), confused a judge into scoring it for hermanson, because of how little sean does to convince the judges he's winning.

Sean Strickland is extremely underrated, but why? You don't like his style? Low IQ judges and fans?

In Sean's last 12 fights, he's 11-1 and his only loss was to the LHW champion. Sean clearly beat Cannonier and he beat DDP, although that was a very close fight.

People keep talking about Sean as if he was a lucky champion, but it makes no sense.
Three losses! I do realize that is pretty high for most Sherbros to count...

I feel like the opposite is also true. A lot of people love sean for his antics and opinions, thus argue endlessly from their emotions that he should have won close fights that didn't go his way.
When in reality it's easier to accept that sean has had a lot of close fights in his career because of his fighting style, People who fight close fights are going to have losses they don't deserve. Sometimes they'll have wins they dont deserve as well. Benson henderson is a prime example. Where i dont think he beat Gilbert, or frankie the second time, He did get robbed by cerrone. but that is the nature of his fighting style.

Creating a topic about a guy who is 11-1 in the last4 years when he's actually 9-3. If you lost, you lost, that's it.

You two are like E-Eskimo bros. Now make nice with each other!
I would like to formally apologize to my Sherbro @StonedLemur. I was in a very bad mood last night and I wildly overreacted to a perceived slight. I gave in to my drama queen tendencies and my behaviour was unbecoming of the sixth best poster on Sherdog (2023).

He recently lost to Alex pereira, Jared cannonier, and now dricus du plessis.

What is 11-1? It’s just not accurate at all lol

I feel like the opposite is also true. A lot of people love sean for his antics and opinions, thus argue endlessly from their emotions that he should have won close fights that didn't go his way.

I would bet at least half those people were not Strickland fans prior to a year and a half ago. I've watched the guy for years. He was not popular, no one talked about him. In the past year this new fanbase has come out of nowhere.

Last edited:
Or, maybe you're biased?
Confirmation bias, people’s tendency to process information by looking for, or interpreting, information that is consistent with their existing beliefs. This biased approach to decision making is largely unintentional, and it results in a person ignoring information that is inconsistent with their beliefs. These beliefs can include a person’s expectations in a given situation and their predictions about a particular outcome. People are especially likely to process information to support their own beliefs when an issue is highly important or self-relevant.

I thought he beat both DDP and Cannonier and in the same exact manner. I thought both were clear, but I knew his style would lead to close scorecards. I also like both Jared and Dricus a lot more outside of the cage than Sean. Strickland is a very good fighter. I wish he would just shut the fuck up sometimes.

That makes two GOAT moderators that agree with my truth.

Everyone knows moderators have to possess a high fight IQ and leave biases aside.

Back