Brendan Allen: Strickland knows that I'm the better fighter, and Dricus is the worlds luckiest guy

I mean.. DDP did a lot more then land a lucky punch against Whittaker, dude beat the guy handily on the ground and was bullying him on the feet for the most part. DDP also beat three ranked guys within eight months(Till, Brunson and Whittaker).
I like Allen, but this is a bad take from him or just crappy smack talk.

Anyways hopefully he gets a top five opponent next.

"Other than whittaker" like dude, outside of Izzy Rob has handled everyone he's fought. That's a big feather in DDPs hat.

Yup because no one in the history of combat sports has ever won a rematch ever, nope not ever not even one time! not according to fucking @Dorkman

What a fucking pleb.
Wow that’s some jumping to conclusions. I’m aware fighters improve. But who I replied said what if sean became champion and had victory over both Driscus and Allen. To which I stated he already has his name on his resume. Fuckin relax man

Dude talks too much for a guy that got TKOed by Chris Curtis and was one of the pillow fisted TKO win by Sean Strickland

Still no love for Sean. What if he ends being the king of heap, and beats Allen and Driscus?
Allen's gotta get there first.

Let's see how he hangs in there with a Whittaker or Cannonier first. Middleweight it's really easy to climb the rankings until you can't. Dricus is the only guy in recent memory who broke through the Whittaker wall and Sean shocked the world by schooling Izzy. Up until these things happened it was a really stagnant division.

28847be80fa51f784c440f243193702e.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

I mean.. DDP did a lot more then land a lucky punch against Whittaker, dude beat the guy handily on the ground and was bullying him on the feet for the most part. DDP also beat three ranked guys within eight months(Till, Brunson and Whittaker).
I like Allen, but this is a bad take from him or just crappy smack talk.

Anyways hopefully he gets a top five opponent next.

The argument for Allen's rhetoric would simply be that all the guys are essentially spent.
Whittaker maybe not so much; but he has been in wars and has a lot of tape for people to study.

All that said, I'm in the "dude's on a nice 6 fight/finish win streak over the last 2 calendar years and; and talking sh-t to get his name out there" camp.
Good for him (even if he's "wrong.")

The Beaufort, South Carolina native has only suffered defeat twice inside the octagon, which started with the now-champion Sean Strickland in a 190-pound catchweight (Nov 2020).
In his nine fights since, Allen has made it clear he wants a rematch with “Tarzan” and feels that he's proved enough by now and it's getting close to a reality:

“I hope the UFC sees that and knows that I am the next big thing,” Allen said during a post-fight show on ESPN+. “I’ve been in there with Sean. I was a lot younger, I was a lot more immature mentally, and still I was winning that fight."

Horrible journalism. It was a catchweight at 195 lbs, not 190. And whoever wrote that left out important details.

Strickland took that fight on 6 days notice. Allen was originally fighting Ian Heinisch, but it was cancelled on the day of the fight. Heinisch tested positive for COVID. So the UFC tried to find a new opponent for Allen for the following week's card. Strickland, who had just beat Jack Marshman the previous week, stepped up and fought Allen on 6 days notice.

Allen wasn't winning the fight before Strickland knocked him out in Rd 2. Instead of making that false claim, Allen should be focusing on the fact that they didn't train for each other as the reason for a rematch.

Full fight:

Finish:

I think there is a lot of love for Sean...but beating Allen and Dricus would get him some respect he might be lacking as far as his fighting ability goes.
Strickland shuts down Adesayana in impressive fashion and most still think he needs to do more. Izzy was beating everyone and Strickland put it on and still gets shit on. Strickland needs to fight Dricus next and at some point rematch Brunson

The argument for Allen's rhetoric would simply be that all the guys are essentially spent.
Whittaker maybe not so much; but he has been in wars and has a lot of tape for people to study.

All that said, I'm in the "dude's on a nice 6 fight/finish win streak over the last 2 calendar years and; and talking sh-t to get his name out there" camp.
Good for him (even if he's "wrong.")
I can get that, Till and Brunson are arguably washed so I can criticizing those two wins. The Whittaker win should get full credit IMO, even moreso considering how handily DDP did it.
It's a decent streak by modern middleweight standards(I know that sounds bad, but it is what it is lol). Honestly it's a better run to the title then most of the last few contenders we've seen in the last few years.

Allen's current streak ain't so bad either, finishing guys like Silva, Craig, Muniz and Jotko is impressive. Overall he performed well in those.
The win against Malkoun was a bit iffy, that's a tough test tho for his style.
Hopefully we see him get a jump in his next fight, tbh someone like Costa, Khamzat or Vettori would work. He might get a big jump like the Whittaker fight, but idk if the UFC is up for that.

lol.

Dude got embarrassed by The Strickster and finished easily within 1.5 rounds, beat a couple cans, then got finished within 1.5 by Strickster's buddy.

His current win streak isn't even that impressive, and includes a robbery over Malkoun.

Horrible journalism. It was a catchweight at 195 lbs, not 190. And whoever wrote that left out important details.

Strickland took that fight on 6 days notice. Allen was originally fighting Ian Heinisch, but it was cancelled on the day of the fight. Heinisch tested positive for COVID. So the UFC tried to find a new opponent for Allen for the following week's card. Strickland, who had just beat Jack Marshman the previous week, stepped up and fought Allen on 6 days notice.

Allen wasn't winning the fight before Strickland knocked him out in Rd 2. Instead of making that false claim, Allen should be focusing on the fact that they didn't train for each other as the reason for a rematch.

Full fight:

Finish:

Short notice Sean's a dangerous guy.
Imavov, Allen and now Izzy.

Strickland shuts down Adesayana in impressive fashion and most still think he needs to do more. Izzy was beating everyone and Strickland put it on and still gets shit on. Strickland needs to fight Dricus next and at some point rematch Brunson
I have nothing against Sean and he cracks me up. Nonetheless, easy to see Sean's win as a fluke.

DeSean Strickland and boys already rawdogged journeyman Allen lol. Dudes so salty.

Dude needs to be more worried about Chris Curtis rather than the champ lol.

Not sold on Allen at all. He's kinda mid. He got dusted by Strickland and Curtis even before that he had an ugly loss to Anthony Hernandez and Trevin fucking Giles. He has no business in a title elimination bout

This guy just rubs me the wrong way, almost got that Ian Garry vibe to him, will watch to see someone smash his face in, so job done I suppose

Allen already lost to Sean. Tough call to say he's "better"

Dricus really just runs his mouth and then catches guys on bursts. But other than Whittaker, who has he beat the whole time in a fight?"
"He’s always losing and comes back. He can dig deep, he’s good at digging deep. Congrats to him, but I don’t personally think he beats Sean. He definitely doesn’t beat me though, so I don’t worry about it."

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2023/11...oes-too?ueid=90ba815ca2d6171a8028c912d75ab95d
That is true about DDP. Yoel is similar--not much activity, then tried to catch you with a sudden superman punch or knee. He's just gotten too old for that style to work well any more. Prime Yoel vs. DDP would've been very interesting, though. Or prime Hendo against either one.

DDP earned his place though.

The Whittaker win is a massive win and more than deserving of a title shot.

Back