Dricus du Plessis Didn’t Do Enough to Win That Fight

I agree. Lame fight. Du Plessis wanted to win more and it was obvious. Did he do enough? According to judges, yes. I thought Sean would win that stinker, but maybe it was because watching boxing for too long made me expect more of challengers in a title fight.
I am not sorry that DDP won.

Hey man, that was a crazy ass comeback by Magny. You have to give him props for that
It was but it just proved Mallott is a front runner. Nothing else. Dude literally quit the moment the fight stopped going his way.

If Strickland had more of a mean face, instead of looking sadboy all the time, he would of won

Huh? He landed a ton of strikes and scored takedowns. I thought he won convincingly.

I had DDP 2, 3, 4 but I am actually refreshed to see that, generally speaking, people are mature enough to not break down into tears and cry robbery over shit that is obviously super-close.

DDP won and I have no complaints. If they gave it to Sean I'd also have no complaints. Round 2 in particular was the "so close how do I score this" round so giving it to either guy makes them win 3-2.

Sometimes they are legit pick'em fights. This was one of them. Cool to see that play out in the form of less bitching than usual in terms of the fight result.
I had those rounds as well and yes it was far from a robbery.

No offense but your take is complete BS and I don't care about either of them but if DDP never landed anything how did Sean get cut to shit in the fourth bleeding out of his head and eye just a bloody mess. No one should be pissed about the outcome here because these guys weren't fighting for a finish and that's what happens when you have a glorified sparring match.

Headbutt dummy

He only jabbed and was on the backfoot the entire fight. DDP mixed in all aspects of MMA and won at least 3 rounds.

I rewatched it and he was lucky as shit to get that decision.

Usually in a razor close decision the logic of "to be the champ you gotta beat the champ" comes in. Even Jones could flat out lose to Reyes and the judges would still give him the W.

But yeah what I see with DDP is just a defensively poor brawler, I really wanted to see him impose some of that punishing GnP on Sean with his TD's but there was nothing of the sort. . I'm not all that sold on this guy's skillset.
This is why machida for sure beat shogun the first time The double standard is insane in mma. Sean should have won too

I thought Sean won that, closer fight I guess but Dricus was punching air a lot. If that was Du Plessis’ best I don’t see him holding the title for long, he looked pretty average. Honestly Strickland didn’t look great either, his game is pretty much non existent when he’s moving backwards. But honestly how can you give DDP that win with that horrible looking striking? He landed like two or three shots of significance.

I thought Sean won also, but I thought both were too cautious.

Sean out-struck the ship out of DDP, but they were jabs, and nobody wants to see that ship for five rounds.

No offense but your take is complete BS and I don't care about either of them but if DDP never landed anything how did Sean get cut to shit in the fourth bleeding out of his head and eye just a bloody mess. No one should be pissed about the outcome here because these guys weren't fighting for a finish and that's what happens when you have a glorified sparring match.
Screenshot 2024-01-21 123034.jpg

The face of a "glorified sparring match"

The belt is supposed to mean something.

If you book a mma fight and the champion defends well and is never in serious danger from the challenger and the challenger's face gets beat up

and then you give the belt to the challenger, it's weird.

It detracts from the idea of a championship belt.

We just had this thing where a disciplined and motivated fighter took the belt from a superstar, and then we follow it up with this mess.

It's not like DDP beat him up or held him down or broke his will or did any of the stuff you need to do to win a fight.

I guess we learned that if you take Strickland down, he will get up immediately.

I hope DDp fights khamzat and khamzat barely challenges DDP and they give khamzat the belt, then Izzy barely wins it from khamzat, then izzy retires when they book him against Strickland.
If we aren't going to make people beat the champ to be the champ, then we may as well do stupid shit.

Back