DC vs Bisping at UFC 200

JoeRowe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Despite Anderson still being the bigger star, he had lost 3 of 4 including his most recent fight to Bisping of all people. Bisping himself just took out Rockhold, friend & training partner of DC.

Bisping was down to fight for the title(5 rounds) whereas Anderson would only agree to 3 rounds. Likely because he had just gotten like gallbladder surgery or something similar if I recall.

Most importanly UFC 200 would've had another title fight with real stakes that could've headlined over Tate/Nunes. Either DC gets payback for his BFF & defends his belt, or career journeyman does the unthinkable and pulls off double Champ Status in Back-to-back ppvs after also beating Anderson.

They definitely should have chose Bisping over Anderson. Could you imagine how unbearable Bisping would've been if he had gotten the opportunity and won?

I think Bisping is crazily underrated but DC and his style is pretty unstoppable against any MW.
There's probably not a MW in history who can stop his dirty boxing or deal with his wrestling at LHW.

Boy that would've made their commentary team ups years down the road very awkward <Lmaoo>

DC's wrestling is what causes issues for smaller guys, that said, Prime anderson would have won convincingly at 200.

Bisping himself has said he would have lost but he didn't care at that point. He had nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I think he would have made it competitive on the feet, probably piece DC up a bit until DC took him down. Then he would have dominated and maybe finished with the RNC in the later rounds.

That payday .... sheesh. Thats what I assume Bisbing was gunna go for. He said he'd lose and I do that thats true ... DC would have greased him. But man, thats a pay day right there.

By far the most underrated fighter on Sherdog.

I've seen people on here say he wasn't even UFC caliber and if he was American he would have been cut from the UFC early on.

Just wild levels of people not having a clue.
I feel like a crazy man with this opinion but I think the Bisping that fought and beat Silva and Rockhold was an elite striker with championship caliber skills. Only reason I think he got mugged by GSP was because Hendo punched him out of his prime and championship confidence.

I feel like a crazy man with this opinion but I think the Bisping that fought and beat Silva and Rockhold was an elite striker with championship caliber skills. Only reason I think he got mugged by GSP was because Hendo punched him out of his prime and championship confidence.
I think GSP just came in with a really good gameplan tbh. He consistently targeted Bisping's blind side with left jabs and lead left hooks. Bisping's main success in that fight was actually on the ground, cutting GSP open and actually beating him up from the bottom. He did the same to Denis Kang back in the day too.

I always said on a technical level, Bisping could strike with anybody, he just lacked in the power to really hold some of the big hitters at bay, that's why you'd get a lot of guys who were vastly inferior strikers just trying to walk him down, thinking he couldn't hurt them. Like Leben (who got his face rearranged for his trouble) Leites, Mayhem and others.

When he fought guys who tried to fight him on a technical level though, he always took them to school, Belcher, Cung Le, and even Anderson before he lost focus to name a few. And all of those guys (according to Sherdog) were much better strikers who were going to wipe the floor with him.

A big part of his lack of power is because he's actually a southpaw though, but because training in the UK was rigid back in the day his camp made him train and fight as an orthodox fighter. His left was always his power hand and why he had a great jab, once he started working with Parillo who actually knows what he's doing, he had him start implementing the left hook and thats why he started hurting people late in his career. Dropping Anderson twice with the left and then obviously KOing Rockhold with it as well, also had Hendo on wobbly legs a couple of times in their 2nd fight.

I don't even remember what was going on back then but why the hell couldn't they find an actual 205 lb guy to fight DC?

Imagine he became double champion lol, there’d still be people saying he wasnt top 10 material. I get it, anderson was past his prime and rockhold was kind of lucky, but he’s got so many wins and yet people act like he was crap. Not even English but the hate is unreal

Despite Anderson still being the bigger star, he had lost 3 of 4 including his most recent fight to Bisping of all people. Bisping himself just took out Rockhold, friend & training partner of DC.

Bisping was down to fight for the title(5 rounds) whereas Anderson would only agree to 3 rounds. Likely because he had just gotten like gallbladder surgery or something similar if I recall.

Most importanly UFC 200 would've had another title fight with real stakes that could've headlined over Tate/Nunes. Either DC gets payback for his BFF & defends his belt, or career journeyman does the unthinkable and pulls off double Champ Status in Back-to-back ppvs after also beating Anderson.

They definitely should have chose Bisping over Anderson. Could you imagine how unbearable Bisping would've been if he had gotten the opportunity and won?
I think the biggest thing to take away is that Anderson just had surgery a month before UFC 200... Gallbladder surgery or something.

God knows how he was cleared to fight DC.

Back