DC vs Bisping at UFC 200

I think the craziest thing about UFC 200 was the Fight Pass prelims... Lauzon vs Sanchez, Miller vs. Gomi, and Mousasi vs Santos. Really showed up the Fox prelim fights.

DC gassed as fuck that night despite nearly nothing happening and Silva being in no way ready to fight, let alone a reigning champion from the weight class up.

The biggest tragedy in the world is that they made DC fight only 3 rounds that night after he'd trained for 5. He clearly wasn't actually ready for 5 that night. He'd have struggled in rounds 4-5, opening up a realm of possibilities for either Silva, Bisping, or whoever if they made it there.

Imagine he became double champion lol, there’d still be people saying he wasnt top 10 material. I get it, anderson was past his prime and rockhold was kind of lucky, but he’s got so many wins and yet people act like he was crap. Not even English but the hate is unreal
He was somewhat like Cowboy in the MW division. He would string a couple of wins then lose the person who was going to challenge for the title. I remember he consistently ranked around 7-10 in the division until he beat Anderson? He was never really in the top 5. He wasn't even suppose to get the title shot. Weidman got injured and he was the replacement fighter.

He kind of screwed up the division by winning. There were a lot of people better than him but Bisping sat out due to injury + waiting for GSP. He also fought Henderson in a rematch which made no sense. Henderson wasn't ranked within the top 5 either. I think he might have been ranked 8-10 when he got the Bisping title fight.

Bisping ultimately became a great fighter, he peaked late in his career and his peak was only for a couple years.

Weight classes aside DC had the style to fuck Bisping up something fierce. A straight on boxing attack was something DC always defended well against. Bisping's not a big ass dude like Gustaffsson who can actually clinch up with DC and do some work with him, Bisping would get thrown on his ass instantly.

I bet Bisping would rather fight Romero then fight DC.

Silva was there for star power, Bisping didn't have that.

Bisping couldn't handle Tim Kennedy's wrestling. Cormier by total domination.

Prime Bisping beats Strickland and DDP.
Prime Bisping is largely a myth. He beat a Rockhold who was full of hubris and didn't take the fight seriously (see their first fight to see how they really matched up). Then he was gifted a fight with a 46-year old who was 3-6 in his last 9 fights and still managed to almost finish Michael and go 5 hard rounds with him. Then they gave him a career WW who hadn't fought in 4 years and he did finish and end the Bisping Myth.

Strickland beats Bisping at his own game and DDP vs. Bisping either looks like Hendo vs. Bisping #1 or Wand vs. Bisping where Bisping didn't want to engage with a dangerous fighter.

Nah Silva was still the right call. Even though he had lost the belt and clearly a step or two he was still an icon in the sport at that point, a living legend and that adds name value to a card.

Back